Pulled Pork Stuffed Bread - PRON

Bogus Chezz Hawg

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I saw this here before and had to try it, so here's mine...

DSC02476Small.jpg

I had some leftover pork butt which was vacu-sucked and frozen since last October. I thawed it out and then heated it up in some boiling water to make shredding it easier.

DSC02474Small.jpg

While the pork was heating up I rolled out 1 tube of Pillsbury French bread.

DSC02477Small.jpg

The warmed pork shred easily with a couple of forks.

DSC02478Small.jpg

I added some of my homemade pork rib BBQ sauce to the warm pork.

DSC02479Small.jpg

The barely sauced pork is on the dough.

DSC02480Small.jpg

At this point I applied egg whites to the outer edge of the dough to help the dough stick and seal up the stuffed loaf.

DSC02482Small.jpg

I placed the loaf on a greased sheet, then I cut slits in the top. I also brushed the top of the loaf with more egg whites.

DSC02483Small.jpg

I baked the loaf, following the instructions from Pillsbury. Some of the pork grease escaped from the deep slits I made in the dough before baking. It didn't lose enough to dry out the meat though. It was still very moist.

DSC02485Small.jpg

A closeup for your enjoyment!

DSC02489Small.jpg

Unfortunately my wife wanted some, so I had to cut it in half. :cry:
I also put a little of my sauce on the plate to dress it up a bit.

DSC02490Small.jpg

If the wife doesn't take her plate soon this one will be mine too! :lol:

DSC02487Small.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm! Pork!

DSC02491Small.jpg

It was farkin' delicious! :icon_smil
I definitely will do this again!!! My wife loved it too, and wants me to make more. She named this sandwich a "Pork Penis"!! :shock:

Looks great... not sure about the name though! Can't hear to many people asking for it by name.... what do you think of adding some cheese to the mix? Make it a Pulled Pork Calzone!

Wow looks great and a cool Idea...Its like a giant pork hot pocket !!

Wow. Pass me a warm towel.

That's some fine fine looking food. I've eaten like 2# of pork today and the wife isn't even home for dinner yet. And that pork stuffed french roll has me ready for more!

Anyone try baking something like that inside of an UDS?

Wife looking over my shoulder says "I want some of that" I'm afraid to ask her if the sandwich name had anything to do with her reaction.:icon_blush:

Hey! Someone pass me a pork pen**. Sounds so wrong I couldn't even type it, but it looks delicious!

Man that looks fantastic, I think I would of told her it burnt and she really wouldn't want any!!!!

Never mind, was going to say something foolish, but it's your wife!

Looks good, I happen to have some pork in the freezer. I think I need to make some of that.

Back