MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-21-2013, 11:22 AM   #1
bluzieq
Full Fledged Farker

Default another ABS bar be cube review/mods/picture

Attachment 78590spent another warm day trying new plate I had made. this goes where the original plates goes(one level down from here) I put a water pan on top of this,modified the charcoal to a u shape using what came with it plus a firebrick, put a full chimney full of charcoal RO,plus abt three double handfuls of lump, lit abt 12 charcoal put at back side of the u, hooked up the digi-Q set for 255. took a little over an hour to get there,then lasted for 2 hours b4 adding a handful of lump then 2 more. might start with more lit to get up to temp faster? all in all I've been pleased with this smoker, its built good, ss racks needs to be apart more for me. But it has done me well, But... after alot of research for my way to cook ,I've gone from wanting a lang60 to a spicewine. this will be for sell after this seasons over.just want a longer cook time with less babysitting. sorry to ramble on this is more for new bar be cube owners or those wanting one, you will be satisfied.

Last edited by bluzieq; 10-03-2020 at 08:19 PM..
bluzieq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

JM2C here It is less stressful and less expensive to learn how the pit cooks rather than it is so teach the pit to cook the way you think it need to
That plate combined with a water pan is making it a fuel hog having to refuel a charcoal burner every two hrs is ridiculous.

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-21-2013, 05:56 PM   #3
bluzieq
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludawg View Post
JM2C here It is less stressful and less expensive to learn how the pit cooks rather than it is so teach the pit to cook the way you think it need to
That plate combined with a water pan is making it a fuel hog having to refuel a charcoal burner every two hrs is ridiculous.
yeah, you are so right, I've really been playing with this thing now that its warm weather,doing different things, actually going 3 hrs + right now still going good, only thing different than the other day is made a maze for the charcoal and didnt fill it up with kingsford, is it me or does that stuff seem to burn hot? in other words what you are saying there,QUIT MESSIN WITH IT DUDE!!! right? okay I will.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #4
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

I have know Idea??? I NEVER use Kingsford EVER!! Lump Splits or Domino's