MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-21-2012, 09:00 AM   #31
mr dirts bbq
Full Fledged Farker

ill be there between 7-8, i got a quick job in whitestone on my way out there and depending on traffic, between commercial plates and trailer ill be on the LIE at 5-6pm, woohoo fun!
charbroil offset, custom trailer pit, 46" vermont castings gasser, 18" kettle, big poppa smokers engineered drum kit smoker than was never picked up = NEW TOY! :becky: and last but not least: a never ending 20' comp trailer project:doh:
mr dirts bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2012, 09:50 AM   #32
speedrcer1
is One Chatty Farker

Well done Poobah and fellow Brethren.
I leave on vaca that day, or I would be honored to help.
Good luck!
Member Purple Pork Masters Team (Team on Vacation)
Bubba-Keg [SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri][/FONT][/SIZE]
"New" 2000 Traeger BBQ100
KCBS 54236, Certified KCBS judge
Certified MOINK Baller
Super-Fast, Super-Non Stealthy ORANGE Themapen RIP. Now Yellow. Orange color retired.
speedrcer1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #33
Frank Sacco
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cue's Your Daddy View Post
Here are all the logistics.We will be cooking 6 Briskets, 8-10 pork butts, 60 racks of ribs, and 40 whole chickens. Poobah wants to be ready to cook on Friday around 6 -7pm. All the big meats will be cooked on friday night and the chicken and ribs will be cooked Saturday morning. Food will be served between 11am and 3pm, and this will be done by the VA hospital staff. The cookers that are going to be used is Purple Pork Masters trailer, Phil and Blazin Butts FE, Joe (Mr. Dirts BBQ) cooker and my smoker. We do not need any WSM. The people who said they were going to help was Phil, myself, purple pork masters, BLAZIN BUTTS, Mr. Dirts BBQ, and the Grimm Reaper crew, and Wes. If i missed anyone I apologize, just chime in. Saturday's cook will start around 5am. I think Phils plans was to use the Pork Master Shwag in wagon and Mr. Dirts BBQ for the big meats on Friday and the FE's and my smoker on saturday Morning for the ribs and chicken. And we will then use whatever for holding the meats. If you guys cant make it friday just give us the heads up and we will figure it out. Nothing is set in stone with what smokers to use but he thought this would make the most scense. He was also driving and on his cell phone on speaker phone so he kept throwing random thoughts out, and was also getting lost when he was driving. This should be a fun time and with all the people who said they will help, a nice enjoyable time, even with sacco there.
I spoke with the boss this afternoon. He mentioned that we need kettles to cook the burgers and dogs on. If anyone can strap one on their rig it will be appreciated. Paul stop being a douche, You love my humor!!
Sponsors: Oakridge BBQ, Frontier Charcoal
NEBS MAFIA
Blazin' Buttz BBQ www.blazinbuttzbbq.com
Frank Sacco is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #34
mr dirts bbq
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Sacco View Post
I spoke with the boss this afternoon. He mentioned that we need kettles to cook the burgers and dogs on. If anyone can strap one on their rig it will be appreciated. Paul stop being a douche, You love my humor!!
i plan on bringing my little 18" to cook me some dinner on friday/breakfast on sat, also i have about 8 2 ft on each side for direct cooking on my rig, so if we onnly use 1 side for smoking we still got the other one for burgers and dogs etc
charbroil offset, custom trailer pit, 46" vermont castings gasser, 18" kettle, big poppa smokers engineered drum kit smoker than was never picked up = NEW TOY! :becky: and last but not least: a never ending 20' comp trailer project:doh:

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-21-2012, 07:40 PM   #35
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

I have a kettle on the trailer also

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Old 08-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #36
Bob S
is One Chatty Farker

We will bring a kettle along with the FEC and can add the BWS Competitor if needed.
WSM 18"
Weber 22.5" Performer
Weber 22.5" One Touch Gold Kettle
Weber 18.5" One Touch Silver "Guinness" Kettle
Weber Genesis gasser
Blazin' Buttz BBQ Team www.blazinbuttz-bbq.com
Bob S is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #37
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

Thanks everyone for jumping on this. The address is 79 middleville road northport. When u enter the complex the golf course will be on your right side. Continue past the golf couse up the hill to the guard booth. Tell them you are the cooks for the bbq for oef/oif(thats operation enduring freedom and operation iraqi freedom) the vets we are cooking for are from those campaigns.

As you pass thru the guards booth about 1/8 mile up on the left side is a field with a monument. We will be setting up on the right side of the field looking at it from the road.

There should be tents and tables set up. Im also trying to get ok from va to bring our car show folks down for a few hours.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-22-2012, 09:42 AM   #38
mr dirts bbq
Full Fledged Farker

im bringing 2 kettles i hijacked a 22" from a buddy so ill be bringing 2 now
also im bringing a tray of smoked beans to add to friday nights lineup

Last edited by mr dirts bbq; 08-22-2012 at 09:58 AM..

Old 08-22-2012, 09:47 AM   #39
smokinit
is One Chatty Farker

Whos got the Jack:D

Old 08-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #40
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Phil sent you a PM saying I may be able to help if you still need it Need to check with my wife and clear it with work
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2012, 10:56 AM   #41
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

George..... we have i believe 9 of us and should be ok but there always things to do when feeding 300. If your close and want to come help us please do! But if its a long haul and hassle for u we can cover with locals

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2012, 01:53 PM   #42
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Phil it is about 170 miles for me. If you have enough people I will say maybe next time Have fun
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2012, 02:26 PM   #43
timzcardz
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinit View Post
Whos got the Jack:D

Ahhhh, so that is why you are the porkmaster.

I never thought of injecting with Jack.
Weber Genesis Silver x 2
Weber One Touch Gold
Weber Performer x 2
Weber Smokey Joe
Bottle of Absolut
Bottle of Beer
Everything Ripken, "Cards and Que. One tastes of cardboard, the other sweet blue." ©
timzcardz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2012, 02:41 PM   #44
mr dirts bbq
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzcardz View Post
Ahhhh, so that is why you are the porkmaster.

I never thought of injecting with Jack.
what are we injecting jack into? the meat or ourselves? lol

Old 08-22-2012, 02:51 PM   #45
MikeR
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dirts bbq View Post
what are we injecting jack into? the meat or ourselves? lol
Is this a vote?

GRIM REAPER SMOKERS [B]-[/B] [I]"BBQ To Die For"[FONT=verdana, arial]™ [/FONT][/I]Under the [B]"LENIENT"[/B] direction of Pit Master Tim.

22.5 OTG, 18.5 OTS, 18.5 WSM, Chargriller Duo with optional side fire box.
[COLOR=red]"Founders Club" Operation BBQ Relief.[/COLOR]
MikeR is offline   Reply With Quote