• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Vending question

Bbq Bubba

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Serving PP sandwiches with chips and a drink this weekend.
What would you use to serve the sandwich?
Plate? 6"?
wrapped in paper?
Also doing rib snacks (2 or 3 ribs) served in the little cardboard boxes, maybe serve the sammie in the same thing?
Thanks

Thats It!!

Thanks bro, so you agree, ribs and sandwich in same style tray?
I figured that would be easy to carry as theres not a lot of seating area here.

Go with the boats, there are a few sizes so go with the bigger of the two so both types of foods will fit into it, although if you went with the smaller of the two the portions would look HUGE, and it would appear they were getting a great deal for their buck!

The large boats are the way to go. You can put a sammy, hot dog, chicken or ribs, plus add in a bag of chips.

We use the paper boats quite often. Other times we use paper sandwich wrappers. The good thing about the boats is that we can inlude a scoop of potato salad with the sammich.

We use the paper boats quite often. Other times we use paper sandwich wrappers. The good thing about the boats is that we can inlude a scoop of potato salad with the sammich.

Got 3 lb boats, will hold a sammich and bag of chips nicely.

If this goes good, next week it'll hold a sammich and coleslaw or potato salad!:biggrin:

Got 3 lb boats, will hold a sammich and bag of chips nicely.

If this goes good, next week it'll hold a sammich and coleslaw or potato salad!:biggrin:

I am sure once they taste those sammiches they will be back for more next week! :-D

We also use the 3lb boat. It's the perfect size. Kinda spendy but cheaper than a to go container. About $17 per 250 count. They can carry their entire meal with one hand and the drink in the other. Also, for the ease of travel try wrapping the napkins in the sammie wrapper.

Hoss

Big Daddy's BBQ
Catering and Concessions
Kuna, ID

Louisiana Grill - Whole Hog
Brinkman Offset

We use the 3 lb. boats------but not the FONDA brand. If any of the Veterans that I served with saw me using anything named FONDA I would be in trouble. They are still passing out bumper stickers that say, "I am not Fonda Hanoi Jane"

The old home town burger joint where I grew up used those boats. A double cheeseburger and a big handful of fries fit perfect:cool: They laid a paper wrapper in the bottom too, but it was probably to soak up the grease off the fries:rolleyes:

http://www.instawares.com/bag-super-hot-sack.5b34bp.0.7.htm

The foil Lined Food Sack.... No not for the Pulled Pork, just paper for that... its cheap and cool

back to the sack... I can portion out (depending on sack size) a half o rack or three bones and pop them in.

THEN and this is the brilliant part.

Make you up some two boners or three boners whatever... make like 40 or so.. they keep forever.

They STILL can go into a steam pan but without water in the pan, just under it, and they stay warm and toasty at times marginally better than right off the block.

In addition, I have even stacked them up like dominoes in an electric roaster pan (like for turkey). If you have staff It reduces dry out time pulling racks in and out for slicing to order and the product is good.

I sadly, have never gotten around to getting a distributor to custom make a purple envelope with my name phone and website on it.... that is crucial and well worth the money...

I did once with sandwich wrappers (butcher paper) and everytime I sent someone away to their job with a lunch I got return business from other people in the place that saw the cliet eat my BBQ and took the wrapper and called me.

I've done this for several years and have used the 2 and 3 lb. boats with grat success. With several return customers all at different festivals. It like they find out that I am going to be there and they show up.

http://www.instawares.com/bag-super-hot-sack.5b34bp.0.7.htm

The foil Lined Food Sack.... No not for the Pulled Pork, just paper for that... its cheap and cool

back to the sack... I can portion out (depending on sack size) a half o rack or three bones and pop them in.

THEN and this is the brilliant part.

Make you up some two boners or three boners whatever... make like 40 or so.. they keep forever.

They STILL can go into a steam pan but without water in the pan, just under it, and they stay warm and toasty at times marginally better than right off the block.

In addition, I have even stacked them up like dominoes in an electric roaster pan (like for turkey). If you have staff It reduces dry out time pulling racks in and out for slicing to order and the product is good.

I sadly, have never gotten around to getting a distributor to custom make a purple envelope with my name phone and website on it.... that is crucial and well worth the money...

I did once with sandwich wrappers (butcher paper) and everytime I sent someone away to their job with a lunch I got return business from other people in the place that saw the cliet eat my BBQ and took the wrapper and called me.

You use Instawares? Have they actually given you good service?

I ordered a meat slicer from Instawares, paid for quick delivery (via credit card) cuz we needed a slicer for one of our first vending events. The slicer never showed up. I called and they said the slicer was on backorder, though they never told me that when I ordered it. I asked for a refund and bought a slicer elsewhere, at a local restaurant supply for more money. I didn't get my refund, so had to ask again. I had to ask several times, and didn't get my money back. Finally, after almost a year and I had to threaten them they sent me a check. Considering a meat slicer costs several hundred dollars, I was very peeved and would never do business with them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back