• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

candy glazed spare ribs

smoke ninja

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
This is not my normal way of Qing ribs but they are sooooo good. This is how I make sweet sticky candied ribs.

As always the first step is firing up the smoker. I use a small amount of charcoal to get my initial base and burn down a few splits while I prep the meat. The weed burner is your friend.

I like to trim aggressive. I cut off the tips, the bit of meat on the small end, and the loose bone on the end. I pulled the mem this time too.

Sometimes I trim off this false meat off the large end, don't know why, makes things more uniform and provides a mid cook snack. Am I the only one?

Mustard slather and rubbed with 50/50 Cabela's sweet rib rub and my house brisket rub. The Cabela's has a hint just a hint of cinnamon in it.

I ran around 275 for close to three hrs.

Then I got out the foil, speed out some brown sugar, melted butter, and drizzle of honey.

I placed the ribs meat side down on the foil, wrapped and returned to the smoker with the meat up.

I cooked wrapped for no more than one hour then unwrap and return to the smoker.

I continue to smoke until tender, these were too tender (is that even possible?). They passed the bend test nicely.

A short rest.

And it's time for lunch

They were fall of the bone tender, moist, sticky, and sweet with a hint of spice.

Thanks for looking.

ninja.gif

Great looking Wibbies!
Can you taste the honey?

Its there but not overpowering, you mostly taste the sweet. As long as the spice is there its balanced.

That's how i used to do it when i foiled. Looks real good

As you know I did these different then my normal. Oil slather, scored membrane, high heat, no wrap, savory rub. It's fun to mix things up, besides I eat ribs almost once a week so I'd get bored with just one way.

Now when you gonna spill the beans with your secret method?

Great looking ribs! I still do the foil, brown sugar, honey and squeeze butter every now and then. But you are right, need cayenne to offset the sweet.

Good job! Those are very popular around this house. I love ribs and HAVE to have a few options or we get bored. That means we eat our ribs nekkid, savory, candied, what I call regular bbq ribs and of course "chinese" style.

Did you dust them a little with the sweet cinnamon rub after they came out of the foil and went back on the smoker? I love that hint of cinnamon on sweet ribs!!!

Did you dust them a little with the sweet cinnamon rub after they came out of the foil and went back on the smoker? I love that hint of cinnamon on sweet ribs!!!

No but I'll I'll have to try it next time. I haven't dabbled in finishing powders yet.

GREAT looking ribs! I like the sweet as long as it has that heat to go along with it. I guess with the wrap method you don't need the sauce. But yeah they look sauced!

Ill eat ribs all different ways. Sweet savory don't matta. Variety is the spice of life! Awesome bro!

They look awesome.

Just maybe I can bring myself to wrap one time to try this.

Back