Pulled Pork Egg rolls

Pyrotech

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was called Crazy for this one... apparently a friend of mine has no stomach for what I am abut to show you... The Pulled Pork Egg Roll.

PP_EG-1.jpg

I started off with a coleslaw mix that contained cabbage, carrots and Red cabbage. I placed a bit on to an egg rolls wrapper.

PP_EG-2.jpg

I then added a several pieces of pulled pork cooked the previous weekend.

PP_EG-3.jpg

Into Hot Lard, until golden brown. These where part of the first batch, and they are a bit darker then golden brown. They do cook pretty fast so keep an eye on them.

PP_EG-4.jpg

These actually turn out far better then I hoped for. there was something about the smoky goodness of the pork in the egg roll that made these slightly addictive. I ended up making and eating a a dozen of them.

I did make a dipping sauce from Soy sauce, Sesame seed oil, BBQ sauce and a bit of cider vinegar.

crazy? maybe so... but they where crazy good though..

You are sick and twisted. I am totally stealing that idea from you. It's screaming for plum sauce. A spicy plum sauce.

Pure awesomeness! I know what I doing next time with leftover pp or pp for that matter.

Picked up a pork picnic for 99¢/lb just cause it was there. Smoked it this weekend but wasn't sure what to do with it... now I do! :thumb:

Wow those look great. I did one similar using wonton wrappers so I can see stealing this idea, er, I mean being inspired by your post. :-D

Back