• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Help me decide.

gooffy140

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
The WSM showed up Monday by FedEx. The Digiq DX II today by UPS...I'm going to assemble and season tonight. But what to do tomorrow? Ribs, Brisket or a Butt? The meat choice with the highest # of votes by 7:00 central time tonight wins. And I'll post pron of the cook.

Vote early and vote often. :clap2:

Chicken hotdogs

Hoping hotdogs will never see the inside of my WSM. LOL But I do have a 3 yr old so they probably will. And I want to do a longer cook to give the new equipment a good work out. Since its going to be in the low 20's to a high of 35 tomorrow..

First, save yourself some time and fuel and just wash out the inside of the WSM with hot water and Dawn. No need to "season" a WSM.

Then, when you start a real fire, cook some pork butts cuz, it's barbeque, right?

The WSM showed up Monday by FedEx. The Digiq DX II today by UPS...I'm going to assemble and season tonight. But what to do tomorrow? Ribs, Brisket or a Butt? The meat choice with the highest # of votes by 7:00 central time tonight wins. And I'll post pron of the cook.

Vote early and vote often. :clap2:

I set mine up last night. I'm doing 3lbs of bacon and butt.

I personally like brisket, but butts (haha!) always turn out good and briskets are harder.

So, to answer your question- I don't know.

Last edited:
I like big butts! Always a safe first cook when breaking in a new cooker.

First, save yourself some time and fuel and just wash out the inside of the WSM with hot water and Dawn. No need to "season" a WSM.

Then, when you start a real fire, cook some pork butts cuz, it's barbeque, right?

Agreed. The porcelain enamel finish needs no "seasoning." You just want to wash out any oils that may be in it from manufacturing. Or, you burn the oils out if you want to waste charcoal.

As for a first cook, mine was a pork butt, since they are very forgiving, and it was my first cook on a new cooker.

CD

Back