MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 11-13-2011, 01:12 PM   #151
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
It's OK, Gore, Plan B is at the ready.
That will make two plan B entries in this throwdown.

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2011, 01:15 PM   #152
caseydog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
A lager? Fark, wrong pairing.
That might cost you some votes. You should have done better research.

CD
Thanks from:--->
Old 11-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #153
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Beautiful ribs, Moose. Did you make nachos or pizza with the other rack?
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:23 PM   #154
caseydog

Sir Porkalot, I took as much of the green out of your money shot as I could. Click "Edit" and copy and paste this image into your entry post, if you want.

CD
Thanks from: --->
Old 11-13-2011, 04:04 PM   #155
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Actually, it is a Scottish ale that's been aging in my basement the last year.

Yum - That is my kind of McRib.
[COLOR=navy][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]2 Large Big [COLOR=darkgreen]Green[/COLOR] Eggs, 1 restored Weber Performer in [COLOR=darkgreen]Green,[/COLOR] 1 S-330, 1 S-420 and [COLOR=indigo]1 AZ BBQ Outfitters Custom Tombstone Style Santa Maria Grill and Smoker. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=teal]Proud Member of the [/COLOR][URL="http://bit.ly/qIcK24"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=teal]Zero's Club[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=navy][B]CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns[/B][/COLOR][/URL] :croc:[/U]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Oldyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:08 PM   #156
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

Quote:
Beautiful ribs, Moose. Did you make nachos or pizza with the other rack?
We have not decided what to do with the leftover 1/2 rack. Perhaps some rib tacos might be in order.

Gore, are you suggesting that I eat too many nachos and pizzas?
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:36 PM   #157
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts

Quote:
We have not decided what to do with the leftover 1/2 rack. Perhaps some rib tacos might be in order.

Gore, are you suggesting that I eat too many nachos and pizzas?
I didn't know there was such a thing as too many nachos or pizza. I never even considered making tacos. Well, if you win, I hope you'll be calling rib tacos for the next category.

Old 11-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #158
Moose

Quote:
I didn't know there was such a thing as too many nachos or pizza. I never even considered making tacos. Well, if you win, I hope you'll be calling rib tacos for the next category.
That would certainly be a new category here, although I doubt we'd have many entries.
Old 11-13-2011, 05:43 PM   #159
SirPorkaLot

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Sir Porkalot, I took as much of the green out of your money shot as I could. Click "Edit" and copy and paste this image into your entry post, if you want.

CD
I appreciate it, but am at a loss how to do that after I've lost the "edit" button.
Not to mention I am on the road (air) today, and am accessing via mobile.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:23 PM   #160
Gore
Phizzy

Quote:
That would certainly be a new category here, although I doubt we'd have many entries.
Well, I'm sure you'd have at least one , but from experience with rib nachos, that didn't go over very well. I wonder if I could still pull a zero with only one entry.

Thanks from: --->
Old 11-13-2011, 07:44 PM   #161
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

My inspiration came from the self appointed Sandwich King Jeff Mauro. I have no idea if his show is even renewed but I thought this Chicago Italian Beef (done pot roast style) looked amazing.

I followed the recipe as closely as I could. The roast was wonderful and the jus had some heat from the red pepper. My favorite was the hot giardiniera (which wasn't all that hot). Here is the link.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/j...ipe/index.html

I tried my hand at making Hoagie Rolls from this recipe. I need some practice here but they didn't turn out half bad.

http://www.food.com/recipe/my-favori...e-rolls-285449

I lost most of the pictures I took at the end so my favorite shots ended up in the ether.
[COLOR=navy][B][FONT=Book Antiqua]2 Large Big [COLOR=darkgreen]Green[/COLOR] Eggs, 1 restored Weber Performer in [COLOR=darkgreen]Green,[/COLOR] 1 S-330, 1 S-420 and [COLOR=indigo]1 AZ BBQ Outfitters Custom Tombstone Style Santa Maria Grill and Smoker. [/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/COLOR][COLOR=#1f497d][FONT=Verdana][COLOR=teal]Proud Member of the [/COLOR][URL="http://bit.ly/qIcK24"][FONT=Book Antiqua][COLOR=teal]Zero's Club[/COLOR][/FONT][/URL][/FONT][/COLOR]

[U][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][COLOR=navy][B]CLICK HERE to visit the BBQ Brethren Throwdowns[/B][/COLOR][/URL] :croc:[/U]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]"earthbound but aspiring.... A lumbering soul but trying to fly...(with)...not enough wingspread but plenty of intention."[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Last edited by Oldyote; 03-26-2012 at 11:58 AM..
Old 11-13-2011, 07:50 PM   #162
Moose

That is one incredible looking beef sammie, Oldyote!
Old 11-13-2011, 08:01 PM   #163
Gore
Phizzy

Beautiful sammie, but what sort of beverage is that in the ramekin? Looks tasty!

Old 11-13-2011, 08:21 PM   #164
Oldyote
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Beautiful sammie, but what sort of beverage is that in the ramekin? Looks tasty!

A Scottish Ale I've been saving since yesterday. All my glasses are dirty so I just used a ramekin.

Old 11-13-2011, 08:27 PM   #165
Gore
Phizzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldyote View Post
A Scottish Ale I've been saving since yesterday. All my glasses are dirty so I just used a ramekin.
And I thought it was au jus and you just forgot the straw.