Leg of Lamb for Independence Day

OferL

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Today is memorial day.
Tonight it's Independence Day. Don't ask.

For the celebration I'm making smoked leg of lamb.
Here it is covered in al lot of garlic, rosemary and olive oil among other things.

vK0l3Mgh.jpg

Getting ready for tonight!

Great cook! That lamb looks absolutely delicious. Glad to see you enjoyed your holiday.

For a second there I thought you might be drunk but then I remembered we are a global forum. That lamb looks fantastic. Happy Holiday!

Why is it every time someone says "Don't ask" about a specific "inside" comment that it makes me more interested in asking what that thing is about? HAHAHA.. Don't worry I still won't ask!

But would take an interesting mindset to carve that meat with it being cooked to that doneness.. Don't think I've cut anything bigger than a steak to that rarity it would be like eating at Fred Flintstones house haha!

Well the Jewish definition of a day is from sunset to sunset. So the holiday starts in the evening and continues to the next day until the evening. This went on to the secular holidays like independence day. Wednesday was memorial day and Wednesday evening was the beginning of independence day.
We honor the fallen in wars and murdered in terrorist attacks and quickly move to celebrating.

Today is the rest of independence day and it's all grill all over the country. We're going to a grill party soon. Last night was just a starter.

Some of the meat close to the bone was undercooked. Nothing a quick heat won't fix. The fire was going in the smoker so no problem with that

Back