Introducing The Most Affordable Gravity Fed Insulated Cabinet Smoker on the Market

There's one in Wichita Falls, that's 120 miles from me. None in Oklahoma yet, that I can tell.

I doubt I will be buying for a few months, hope this is not a one time thing.

Good question. There's no way it's gonna have the air flow of a stick burner. That's my one reservation.
That's a common thought but not a reality. Lots of people own GF and insulated cabinets. Both have very low airflow. Adjust charcoal to chunk ratio until you get there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My WSM has low air flow, and it does not produce bark like my offset.
Sorry...I was speaking to smoke. Are you looking for crispy bark? Leave it unwrapped longer. What kind of bark do you prefer? You may get close with practice but an offset is just different. No effort required.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Whats the flavor like and can you achieve good bark?

This One Took 8 hrs 15 minutes -

9ade64e1dea63160945723b47b4a5a4e.jpg
de1796d974a7ad345c26dfc630d87d4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back in January, I found a Masterbuilt 560 at WalMart for $250. I could not pass it up, figure I had not a lot to lose.

I greatly surprised at the smoke from this cooker. Evidently, gravity feeds produce a diff charcoal/chunk smoke. I expected a lot of white billowy, but got a lot of thin blue.

So, I'm very interested in something more substantial than this Masterbuilt, although I'm very happy with it as my " set and forget " cooker. I smoked a small brisket on it and it did well, good bark. But it will not replace my OC Brazos.

Been going back and forth myself. The Smokehouse racks are are 19.5”x19.5”. I believe the racks on the Gravity Fed are 24x16 which is much more useful for cooking giant 20lb briskets. The heat on the gravity fed is also offsets so I don’t think you’ll see the same level of hotspots around the sides of the grates. Personally, I like a milder smoke profile, so I won’t miss cooking over logs. Finally, the insulation will probably come in handle living in New England.

So have any of the fellow brethren picked one up yet? I tried convincing Academy to ship one to me or do a transfer to a closer store with no success.

They are now home shipping the new Brazos DLX which has the counterweight that Smitty has been been asking for for the last 5+ years. Very very tempting, but I’m still holding out for the Gravity Fed pit. To me, the extra capacity is what’s most important.

Sickhick, looks great. How was it for holding and getting up to temp? Been wanting one of these units.

Sickhick, looks great. How was it for holding and getting up to temp? Been wanting one of these units.

Holds amazing, took a while to get to temp though just using charcoal.
I haven't decided if i'll get into a BBQ guru or something to aid in that down the road.

Holds amazing, took a while to get to temp though just using charcoal.
I haven't decided if i'll get into a BBQ guru or something to aid in that down the road.

Is that a diffuser plate across the bottom of the cook chamber ?

Back