Ordered new pizza oven

I was thinking about getting it... but it's no wood splits or lump charcoal. Dammit all!

The oven unit looks nice, that stand looks a little iffy. And I hate small casters.

I was thinking about getting it... but it's no wood splits or lump charcoal. Dammit all!

That's why I took awhile to order but since it can do neapolitan pizza I ended up buying. I love the rotating stone.

That's why I took awhile to order but since it can do neapolitan pizza I ended up buying. I love the rotating stone.

Well keep us updated on what it turns out. Still looking at different pits and the like for purchasing. I'm still leaning more and more to the Keg as my choice, that ability to easily travel with it is so... so tempting.

Pretty cool and congrats! Post some pics and cooks for sure. I have their 36" griddle and I love it.

Well keep us updated on what it turns out. Still looking at different pits and the like for purchasing. I'm still leaning more and more to the Keg as my choice, that ability to easily travel with it is so... so tempting.

If you are looking for an all around cooker I wouldn't get the Blackstone.
The keg or akorn, ceramic and weber kettle are all more versatile. I will use it for pizza and test a steak out.

I make pizza once a week so this will get its use.

congrats !!! and good luck...

If you have an infrared thermometer, I would love to know what you get the stone temp up too without any modifications..

also would love to see a pic of the first pizza using it without any modifications

Pizza/Bread oven

That would be a fine starter for pizza. When you decide that you want more, log into Fornobravo.com. You can buy a real "ready built" from them. Or, learn how to make one from scratch with local materials. This is my work in progress.
drawer005_zps33e92b7f.jpg

drawer5002_zpsd304d43f.jpg

drawer5001_zps19967a0f.jpg

drawer5003_zpsb5714db0.jpg

After the oven cools down from the pizza temps, you can bake bread, cakes, pies, roasts, brisket, etc. etc. Several days of cooking on just one firing. If it built and insulated right :biggrin1:
Don't let the looks of my build scare you off. There are a lot of simpler builds on this site that cook just as good as mine. Maybe better.

super sweet oven gulf! i must say though, that it looks a bit on the evil side as far as ovens go.

That would be a fine starter for pizza. When you decide that you want more, log into Fornobravo.com. You can buy a real "ready built" from them. Or, learn how to make one from scratch with local materials. This is my work in progress.

After the oven cools down from the pizza temps, you can bake bread, cakes, pies, roasts, brisket, etc. etc. Several days of cooking on just one firing. If it built and insulated right :biggrin1:
Don't let the looks of my build scare you off. There are a lot of simpler builds on this site that cook just as good as mine. Maybe better.
That is one beautiful site.Worked in several rests. with that style oven back in the 80`s.For the last 20 years I have been selling the wood to rests. for ovens and grills.

congrats !!! and good luck...

If you have an infrared thermometer, I would love to know what you get the stone temp up too without any modifications..

also would love to see a pic of the first pizza using it without any modifications

I will post my results. I plan on trying with no mods. Only one I may do is the bearing mod, maybe. That might not be needed. Some people may have been mounting the motor wrong.

Yea I wanted a brick oven but the price was to steep now. My buddy was going to sale me his Forno Bravo 60, I think 60. I opted out for now.
That is one sweet build.

Yea I wanted a brick oven but the price was to steep now. My buddy was going to sale me his Forno Bravo 60, I think 60. I opted out for now.
That is one sweet build.

The FB "ready builts" are nice. And they are proud of them $$. I guess they are worth it for someone who has more money than time. But, The most fun that I have ever had (with my pants on :biggrin1:) was building a pompeii oven from scratch. A simple pompeii oven can be built from locally sourced materials. If someone plans it right, and keeps their eyes open for old brick, blocks, fire brick etc. on CL or the local paper: one could be made for cheap. Not counting labor, which will be intensive, but one h:evil:ll of a lot of fun!

Back