10th Annual Burnt Offerings Invitational

DUBBAGA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Congratulations to palehorse and his team Grace Through Fire for winning RGC at the 10th Annual Burnt Offerings Invitational in Riverside, CA. :second:

This was a KCBS sanctioned event (Competitors Series) with categories: chicken, ribs, tri-tip and sauce.

The organizers did a fantastic job, and we even had 4 KCBS Master Judges in attendance. I can't wait to attend again next year.

Thank you Dubbaga, I wouldn't have been able to do it without the fine resources here. It was very humbling. At the pit, we had the worst day...2' flame up on the tri-tip, a 2 rookie team members, a bunch of miss steps...we were truly shocked.

It was good to meet you, though I was in the thros of congratulation, so forgive the hectic frenzy.

I didn't ask, did you get to taste anything from the whisky barrel or see it? I'd love to know more on what happened in the room. Like I said we were SHOCKED.

And Ron, a new team took GC. Barkin Q was their name and they used a variety of Weber Bullets.

Last edited:
Grace Through Fire were amazing and super nice folks. Congrats on RGC!!

Glad to know we weren't the only ones to have a hectic cook. We thought our chicken wasn't going to turn out, but we salvaged it. We did our cook on one 22 WSM, 18 WSM and a kettle.

Great time all around. Super nice people from all the teams. Organizers did a great job.
We were absolutely shocked winning GC. Great experience.

I didn't ask, did you get to taste anything from the whisky barrel or see it? I'd love to know more on what happened in the room. Like I said we were SHOCKED.

As there were 18 judges and only 14 teams, my table judged: 4 chicken, 5 ribs, 4 tri-tip and 4 sauce. After the teams turn in their entries, the box numbers are changed, so we aren't aware of which team turned in which entry. It is guaranteed that I judged at least 1 entry from your team, and at least 1 from "Shadrack, Meshack and A BAR-B-QUE" (still love that name).

I like that the organizers allow the cooks to send a representative into the judging room after each entry to hear what the judges have to say. Hopefully I liked whatever I sampled from your team, and didn't bash you guys too bad :boxing:

... and to Barking Q ...

Congratulations, and nice prize with the 18-1/2" WSM

I have to admit, I'm one of the ones that appreciated hearing the Judges commeting on all of the entries. I didn't get to go in this year, with a ton of rookies on my team. But hey...it happens. It was a great day.

Barking Q! Good to see you! Congrats!...will you be back next year?

Hope to return next year. It was really fun, sometimes frantic, so why not.
I learned quite a bit too. Not just about the cook, but what to bring and what NOT to bring. I easily over packed. I didn't need some things I thought were absolutely crucial.
Hoping to get a trailer soon that will reduce the multiple vehicle loading.

Back