Doe's it annoy you when People Use the term BBQ too losely?

I think it is regional, so it has a wide range of correct usage.
Hibachi is BBQ, so is kamado style of china, Korea and s/e Asia, the Caribbean are grilling?
I think not, that's BBQ too.
In fact, you could get picky and say traditionally BBQ is outdoor cooking, then all those BBQ restaurants are no longer BBQ!
:becky:

I have other pet peeves....their/they're/there...loose/lose...the misuse of "literally" or the overuse of "absolutely".

As cholloway said, the beginning of a sentence w/ "so".

What REALLY pisses me off is when I can no longer find Sierra-Nevada Celebration Ale!

I thought I had my last one until next November last night, but I found a 6-pack tonight!

SO, ABSOLUTELY nothing is pissing me off tonight. :wink:

Besides, I just brought in my 8# picnic and put my rack o' ribs on the WSM!

Being from Michigan we grew up calling our grill, or anybodys grill, a barbaque or BBQ. It was only when I lived down south that I learned I was actually "grilling out" and not Barbaqing when using the gasser. Now that I am a Bar-B-Que ninja, I have learned that as long as it is smokey and meaty, I will probably gnaw on it untill it is gone, especially if it is barbecued until fall of the bone or probe tender or done when it's done. But I would rather smoke it myself.. I usually call that a party, invite my family over and BBQ us a good old time...

also I grilled prime new York strips and lobster tails for my pretty little lady tonight. I did throw a chunk of apple on the hot coals. Was I bbqing? I don't think she cared...

I was invited to a couple's house last weekend for some BBQ'd ribs. She had simmered them in a pot until tender and placed them on the grill to crisp.
I ate the ribs with a smile and thanked them for inviting me over.
Their friendship is more important to me than anything else...and I knew she prepared the meal with love. :thumb: :grin:

I mess with the people on YouTube that title their video "oven barbecued ribs" or "crockpot BBQ ribs" occasionally. I personally like messing with the people at the grocery store with their pants hangin off their arse, unlaced Jordan's, new apple iPhones, 2 chiilrens with nothin on but a diaper with 2 baskets full of food paying for it with their lonestar card and then paying for the remainder with their other lone star card!!! Oh, chit gets deep on that sometimes. With that being said, they load they groceries into a nicer vehicle than me with bigger rims.

Yep. Bothers the heck out of me. Barbeque is not a place or event or an appliance. Its meat cooked with smoke from wood and heat. I kind of think it ought to be done outside too. Sauce is good but I dont force it on anyone.

I mess with the people on YouTube that title their video "oven barbecued ribs" or "crockpot BBQ ribs" occasionally. I personally like messing with the people at the grocery store with their pants hangin off their arse, unlaced Jordan's, new apple iPhones, 2 chiilrens with nothin on but a diaper with 2 baskets full of food paying for it with their lonestar card and then paying for the remainder with their other lone star card!!! Oh, chit gets deep on that sometimes. With that being said, they load they groceries into a nicer vehicle than me with bigger rims.

I didn't appreciate you staring at me while I was shoppin for some food for my babies. But I get it...haters gonna hate!

Back