Chunk Sizes

Smoothsmoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I got about 30lbs left of large red oak chunks that I was planning on using them on my offset. I'm selling that offset because I got the WSM. Most of the chunks in question are the size of the one on the left. The other two are average sized chunks that are sold by HD or BBQ galore.

Would that big chunk be too big for WSM? It's about 6" tall.

IMG00202-20110317-1345.jpg

The chunks I use in the WSMs are about fist or baseball sized.
Whack that one with a hatchet once and it'll be perfect.

You don't have an axe or hatchet? If so they are pretty cheap and you'd be able to use all that wood.

You don't have an axe or hatchet? If so they are pretty cheap and you'd be able to use all that wood.

I think I got a hammer with an axe built into it. Not sure. As you can tell I'm not a handy man by any means. :doh:

Hamaxe, it is designed for use on pig haunches. I would go to the store and buy a small hatchet, Gerber makes a real nice one. No way I give that stuff away cause it is too big, which it is.

since you are not handy, wear eye protection (goggles-$5, new eyes-more, lots more) and the sharp end goes down. If there are two sharp ends, then it is not the axe for you.

Nevermind guys, lock up this thread. I took the hammer hatch to it and broke them down!! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm just as handy as you Smooth!....maybe I'm even less handy!
I throw logs in my UDS if I only have very big chunks left.

Back