What local brews are you into?

I brew my own but lately I have been digging on some local brew by Big Muddy Brewing in Murphysboro, IL. I especially like their Kincaid Wheat. My wife had one of their blueberry ales and it was not bad either, although I am not a fruit beer guy.

Octoberfest is really good but not avail till you guessed it October. My bud Bobby makes Bad A_ _ Beer for us local yokels, check it out

Elevator Brewing Company. They make a dark horse and a winter warmer ale that I always look forward too. Barley's is also great! I don't think I have had a bad beer from there.

Four Peaks here in the Phoenix area is my favorite all-time...but it also holds sentinmental value, so I'm probably biased.

Stone near San Diego

Rogue in Oregon.

Green Man Brewery in Asheville, NC.

are a few of my favorites I've been to. I always go home to 4 Peaks though.

Locally, I like Two Brothers (only a few miles from home and work) Outlaw, , Revolution Antihero and, soon to be expanding to be local to me, Lagunitas - just about anything they brew. Not local, but one of my favorites, is Dales Pale Ale brewed by Oskar Blues.

Ale Asylum (based in Madison WI) Ambergedon and Hopalicious Ale have been my go to beer as of late. Another one is Port Huron Blonde Ale from WI Dells - good stuff! Alot of great small brewery's here in southern WI - Central Waters, Wisconsin Brewing Company, Capital Brewery, New Glarus Brewery - just to name a few.

Hoppin frog has some good ones. Also willoughby brewing has an awesome peanut butter cup porter. Columbus brewing has some great brews!

Lazy Boy Amber

A Northwest favorite. Subtle sweetness from a variety of crystal malts combined with English hops makes this a smooth drinking beer.

ABV: 5.2%
Grains: Pale, C-75, Munich, Vienna, Biscuit
Hops: East Kent Golden, Ahtanum

a_zpsda488192.gif

Nice drinker when it gets hot around here.

Surly-Blakkr has been good to me lately
Surly-Darkness
Lift Bridge-Commander Barleywine
Enki Brewing- Cacao Porter, real tasty, but I have not been impressed with any of their other beers

Nothing like a Central Waters Barrel aged beer of any style or a Dale's Pale Ale. Those aren't local to me, but I like them a lot.

We went out there in October and loved the place! The Bock was my favorite and I'm kinda irked they aren't bottling it! Tell them it is much better than that Blood & Honey I can find everywhere! :wink:

1395972_10103749562014540_1831915644_n.jpg
Everyone told me to go for blood and honey. It was the "best" no way! I like the bock and also high brass. But blood and honey is no good. IMO.

Back