Anyone recognize this smoker?

garyk1398

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Would the Brethern do me a favor and take a look at this smoker on CL. I have NO idea what the thing is :?: and I emailed the guy and he doesn't know how old it is or who made it. The guy said he moved into a house 2 years ago and the smoker came with it. I know the picture is small but not much I can do.

http://omaha.craigslist.org/for/936986656.html

Looks like a Bandera to me too. If the rust is not flaky it might be a bargain for a fixerupper.

For a $100.00 who cares. Go buy the thing, clean it up and use it. I'd buy it if it wasn't so far away. Even though I have a trailer pit, I'd like to have a cooker like that for the smaller things.

It's a Bandera. Could even be a pre-charbroil one.

If the firebox hasn't started to rust through it's worth the $100.00

you didn't get it yet???

Yeah, definitely a bandera.

Go get it. !!

If its a charbroil, see if u can talk him to $75.

if its a OK joe or New Braunfels its even better.. No matter, for 100, its a steel. (pun intended).

Offer him $75 regardless. He'll budge for something under $100.

That's really a lousy pic but I *think* that's an original OK Joe. Better hurry over there!

update

Ok Trucky and I went over to the house and looked at the thing...bottom line I didn't buy it. It was left out in the elements and a number of things were noticeably wrong.
1. The side fire box upper door was not able to close properly (about 1 inch gap).
2. The intake sliding vent door (3 square vents) was rusted open.
3. heavy rust on the side fire box sides.
4. the side fire box door latch was broke and unable to lock shut.
5. The square box on the bottom of the main smoke chamber was rusted in one corner and you could see right thru the hole.:eek:

The smoker was heavy and probably 1/4 inch steel or so. There was once a small retangle name plate on the upper left side of the main door that once held the name of the manufacturer. Still not sure what it was, guessing over 10 years old. The left side had a steel lift bar that someone could use to move it around. I'm thinkin of offering the guy 50 bucks. Needs a lot of work!
Any other thoughts of what it might be after this added description?

Yeah, definitely a bandera.

Go get it. !!

If its a charbroil, see if u can talk him to $75.

if its a OK joe or New Braunfels its even better.. No matter, for 100, its a steel. (pun intended).

New Braunfels Bandera. Hard to come by these days and they used to have a following much like the BGE and UDS people.

Definately worthy of a clean up.

Back