***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Let's Do It Aussie Style" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Let's Do It Aussie Style" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Banner.gif
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Do It Aussie Style"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 3/31.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]bigabyte[/size]
2410406_bigabyte_zps3cc90859.jpg

[size=+2]caseydog[/size]
2411767_caseydog_zpsa9f6a8c1.jpg

[size=+2]AussieTitch[/size]
2412038_AussieTitch_zpsea26332d.jpg

[size=+2]beercuer[/size]
2416266_beercuer_zps2a1c678e.jpg

[size=+2]MS2SB[/size]
2420157_MS2SB_zps6ac233f6.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
2420674_Gore_zps04460f0f.jpg

[size=+2]code3rrt[/size]
2420927_code3rrt_zps89cea5cc.jpg

[size=+2]Oldyote[/size]
2421099_Oldyote_zpsc9f33e66.jpg

[size=+2]Hometruckin[/size]
2421455_Hometruckin_zps71b14941.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
2421520_bluetang_zps039aa877.jpg

[size=+2]silverfinger[/size]
2421742_silverfinger_zpsca4d2c89.jpg

[size=+2]buccaneer[/size]
2421816_buccaneer_zps98895c02.jpg

Oh Man! So many good entries, this will not be an easy decision.

It was either the shepherd's pie or the snags, roo and lamb for me. In the end, I had to go with the roo.

Those two are definitely high on my list. Though, I feel that the Aussies need to have a handicap on this one. Technically, everything they cook, they're cooking Aussie style. :confused:

Man........Some tough choices. I gotta say that AussieTitch had me going early on, but coming around the clubhouse turn and into the stretch.........I gotta go with Buccaneer at the line. Both fantastic cooks.

KC

Really awesome looking dishes. Buccs leg of lamb won out but it was a tough decision Thanks everyone

In the end, I went with the ONLY dish that had any Aussie food in it, Oldyote's Vegemite.:thumb:

All the others just had various meats and stuff that you can find anywhere.:tsk:

Had Bucc's included the piece of Roo in his entry shot, then I would have had to choose between them, but for some reason Bucc's wanted the shot that didn't have the roo in it.:noidea:

Had he included the roo with Vegemite on it, this wouldn't have been a contest at all.:hungry:

I'm going with Silverfinger. That lamb looked perfect.

In the end, I went with the ONLY dish that had any Aussie food in it, Oldyote's Vegemite.:thumb:

All the others just had various meats and stuff that you can find anywhere.:tsk:

Had Bucc's included the piece of Roo in his entry shot, then I would have had to choose between them, but for some reason Bucc's wanted the shot that didn't have the roo in it.:noidea:

Had he included the roo with Vegemite on it, this wouldn't have been a contest at all.:hungry:

I thought this was voting on the throw down, not a vote on a single photo?!?

So why are we structured this way, why not just have comps with a single pic that we vote on instead?
I think you are being really tough on a fella Biggie, or maybe I'm an idiot and should have realised...fark

I thought this was voting on the throw down, not a vote on a single photo?!?

So why are we structured this way, why not just have comps with a single pic that we vote on instead?
I think you are being really tough on a fella Biggie, or maybe I'm an idiot and should have realised...fark
Oh, I saw the roo over in that post you made, but I also saw that you did not think it was fit to submit for voting. I could only assume you felt we 'mercans weren't ready for roo or something. However, Oldyote not only used vegemite, but he ATE it...and it's even in the pic he submitted.

If that ain't Aussie...nothing is.

Says the wacko from Kansas.:becky:

You know I'm messing with you, right? There are no rules for voting.

Oh, I saw the roo over in that post you made, but I also saw that you did not think it was fit to submit for voting. I could only assume you felt we 'mercans weren't ready for roo or something. :becky:

At least your intentions are now clear.
Nope, it was just beverages and me discovering I didn't have the shot I thought with the roo on that platter, huge leap to me being anti American.
At least your intentions are now clear.
Nope, it was just beverages and me discovering I didn't have the shot I thought with the roo on that platter, huge leap to me being anti American.
Messing with me in a way that will get me less votes, and I had high hopes here.
Bit shattered, but I'll go out and get a haircut and have a coffee with my baby and all will be well again.

Glad we got that cleared up!:thumb: At least I didn't call you a commie or nuthin' like that!:laugh: What kind of commie would leave roo off their dish?:der:

You mean you still try to actually win these things?

Let me guess....you probably think getting a zero is possible too!

Your avatar is a little red though....you're not commie are you???

Truth be told, I think the voters do the opposite of what I suggest. Sort of like how things go when I post in mod colors! So if anything, I am practically guaranteeing you a victory.

Not that any of these stupid farkers here will ever figure out that I am on to their schemes!

Glad we got that cleared up!:thumb: At least I didn't call you a commie or nuthin' like that!:laugh: What kind of commie would leave roo off their dish?:der:

You mean you still try to actually win these things?

Just this one...hey, it's the Aussie Throwdown!

Hi Guys..

I'm really sorry I could not enter this one. I worked most of the weekend and we also had a failure of our print server in the shop... so that was it for me. I was gonna seriously burn some stuff and have a good old laugh about it.

Cheers!

Bill

But now to the vote...

There can only be one winner... Bluey.

Bloody Rabbits... that's the only good place for the vermin. On a grill!

Well done indeed.

As for a VERY close second place IMHO, was Oldyote and the Vegemite! 'Yote, I hope you give that to your daughter to make her big and strong buddy!

And, no, I'm not votin' for you other Aussie's The TD Theme was great, but as Aussies, I don't think they do it "Aussie Style", because it's not a style... it's genuine. So there.. Umm I think I make sense.;... More Beeer Please!

Cheers!

Bill

But now to the vote...

As for a VERY close second place IMHO, was Oldyote and the Vegemite! 'Yote, I hope you give that to your daughter to make her big and strong buddy!

l

Well I did try but she wasn't having anything to do with it. At first she thought it was chocolate and was ready to eat the entire jar.

Back