Best Brisket so far...

45fan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
My first two briskets were good but not great. I started this one at 6am and kept the temp right at 225 all day and it turned out Awesome!

5871447990_a4c80eec1d_z.jpg

Pork Butts turned out good as well!

5870892295_fb35eb3e4b_z.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Nice smoke ring - I bet the butts helped keep the cooker humidity up.

Great looking bark, that's just how I like my brisky bark. Nice job!

Thanks Dillo....and yes that is exactly what the 45 is for. :thumb:

The rub is Kosher Salt Flakes, Ground Garlic, Ground Onions, Pepper, Paprika, Cracked Rosemary, and Sugar.

It is actually a Prime Rib Rub made by Pappy's. I was looking for something with less sugar for the brisket and tried this on my last brisket. I was really happy with it.

The rub is Kosher Salt Flakes, Ground Garlic, Ground Onions, Pepper, Paprika, Cracked Rosemary, and Sugar.

It is actually a Prime Rib Rub made by Pappy's. I was looking for something with less sugar for the brisket and tried this on my last brisket. I was really happy with it.
My next guess was gonna be rosemary... or grass seed:-D. Thanks for sharing the rub ingredients.

Pappy's Prime Rib Rub is BOMB! I use it fairly frequently on steaks, as a dry rub for tri-tip, and I'm sure it was excellent on your brisket. Plus they're right here in Fresno, so it's a local favorite. It's funny, because most people like the original Pappy's on tri-tip and other beef cuts, but I think the Prime Rib Rub is a way better choice. I didn't know how far the distribution went, but good call on the rub :thumb:

All looks like it was fantastic. Always nice to feel that a certain cook was the "best!"

Pappy's Prime Rib Rub is BOMB! I use it fairly frequently on steaks, as a dry rub for tri-tip, and I'm sure it was excellent on your brisket. Plus they're right here in Fresno, so it's a local favorite. It's funny, because most people like the original Pappy's on tri-tip and other beef cuts, but I think the Prime Rib Rub is a way better choice. I didn't know how far the distribution went, but good call on the rub :thumb:
I thought by Pappy he meant his Pappy:doh: I spent a couple weeks in Fresno some years back and did a lot of eating, did Pappy's have a joint? Also hung in Turlock for awhile. Man do I miss the taco trucks you guys have out there.

Thanks Dillo....and yes that is exactly what the 45 is for. :thumb:

nice! im a fan too!

I think my next smoke has to be a pork butt. then when i get the confidence I will attempt a brisket. my favorite place for brisket closed :icon_sad

I thought by Pappy he meant his Pappy:doh: I spent a couple weeks in Fresno some years back and did a lot of eating, did Pappy's have a joint? Also hung in Turlock for awhile. Man do I miss the taco trucks you guys have out there.

That was funny! I guess I was not real clear. :-D

Yep it is from Fresno, just saw it on the shaker. It is very good stuff and I can tell you that it makes it as far East as MO.

Looking good guy. Brisket would be great on a plate with some corn on the cob and potato salad.

Back