Bambi Backstrap?

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I pulled a package out of me freezer yesterday thinking its Venison Roast - turns out it was the backstraps rolled up. I usually butterfly and chicken fry backstrap but was planning on Majic potting a roast so the backstraps are getting roasted Majic Pot style.........
could Suck , could be Delicious........:twitch:

It's Decent. Somewhat tender but a lil on Dry Side since it's so lean...... Butterflied n Chicken Fried is Better....... Or Sliced n Bacon Wrapped n Grilled......

My Buddy does the bacon wrapped and grilled after a good bath in Allegro marinade. They are awfully good!

I prefer chick fried or kbobs. My older brother preferred venison sausage gumbo. This is outstanding with Slovacek Garlic Sausage. He uses a box of Tony C’s and adds a few things.
It really is good. He also pan fried a bunch in bacon dropped a can of cream of something in crock simmered all day and spooned over stir fried rice.

https://honest-food.net/wild-game/venison-recipes/venison-stews/wild-game-gumbo/

I was/am stuck on CFS with game. But these are solid meals

I prefer chick fried or kbobs. My older brother preferred venison sausage gumbo. This is outstanding with Slovacek Garlic Sausage. He uses a box of Tony C’s and adds a few things.
It really is good. He also pan fried a bunch in bacon dropped a can of cream of something in crock simmered all day and spooned over stir fried rice.

https://honest-food.net/wild-game/venison-recipes/venison-stews/wild-game-gumbo/

I was/am stuck on CFS with game. But these are solid meals

Do you have a low carb method of CF that is decent?

Not necessarily low carb, but low glycemic

Pound strap thin or use tenderized cutlets.

Use a mix of seasoned almond/coconut flower. Either wet or dry dip with egg almond milk mix.

Fry in coconut oil or bacon grease.

Sorry you had a mix up! I havent done majic pot. I havent made any venison for quite a few years, but when I did, there was always a marinade first to try and help moisture and flavor. My mom used to throw it in a pressure cooker, with some mushroom soup and onions, and serve with mashed potatoes.

I prefer to keep the loin whole, salt/pepper and grilled med rare

Dind ding ding, we have a winner!

anything else is a sacrilege...:-D

The last two cooks of venison back straps and tenderloins I did were sous vide, 125 degrees for and hour and half. I put a couple of pats of butter in the vac bag before I sealed them, simple seasoning of SPOG. They were so tender, moist and delicious I didn't even bother to reverse sear.

Back