• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

thirdeye's Grilled Rouladen

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Reaction score
DSC05540JPGs.jpg

Far from the traditional pan-fried and braised rouladen, I made these for dinner tonight. I used seasoned pork cutlets, a layer of Dijon mustard, a slice of Black Forest ham and my own pickled asparagus in two, and dill pickles in the other two. They were grilled to 145° internal. I thought the flavor of the pickled asparagus mingled well with the ham and Dijon, and the presentation with the potato salad was elegant. Mrs ~t~ said it reminded her of a cheeseburger. :mrgreen:

DSC05531JPGxx.jpg

DSC05536JPGxx.jpg

But very close to traditional, I served them with an Austrian Potato salad.

DSC05527JPGx2.jpg

Man, now those look awesome. I need to get more creative.

Yup...definitely a hitter! :p Nice job Wayne...:biggrin:

Looks awesome. What's in the tater salad? My MIL makes a mean German tater salad. Just wondering if they are close to the same?

Something that looks that good this early in the morning is just plain wonderful. Nice!!

I need to get out more, you guys come up with some really good stuff, and this looks great!

Looks awesome. What's in the tater salad? My MIL makes a mean German tater salad. Just wondering if they are close to the same?

I got it from BBQinMaineiac, here is the one he uses and his notes are at the bottom. Some of the fingerling potatoes I used were the red/red ones, you can see a few of them in the picture. I also added some green onions and the tops.

Austrian Potato Salad
Better Homes and Gardens Heritage Cook Book Copyright 1975

Ingredients:

6 medium potatoes, cooked, peeled, and sliced 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick, (fingerling potatoes are traditional)
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 TBLS snipped parsley
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black or white pepper

Dressing:

1/4 cup wine vinegar
2 TBLS olive oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard

In a bowl place the first six ingredients. Put the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Pour the dressing over the salad ingredients in the bowl, toss lightly, then chill thoroughly. Garnish with additional parsley if desired. 8 servings.

Notes:

I've added some chives; that works and adds color. As much as I love garlic there is such a thing as too much garlic with this recipe, so go easy with it. You want the flavor of the fingerling potatoes to be enhanced by the garlic, not overpowered. But by all means none of the ingredients quantities are chiseled in stone.

Enjoy!

Back