MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 03-29-2015, 05:39 PM   #1
energyzer
is one Smokin' Farker

Default Cary, NC.....round 2

I had visited Cary a couple years ago and had gotten some great suggestions in this thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...highlight=Cary

Now I'm heading back the last week of April and first week of May. Anything new that I should consider?

Old 04-03-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
bbq.tom
is One Chatty Farker

Only BBQ newbie in Cary that I know of is "City BBQ" - which is an Ohio chain. They have pretty decent offerings, but nothing too great.

If you have the time and energy, I'd DEFINITELY recommend "Clyde Cooper's BBQ" in downtown Raleigh! Especially their BRISKET! Their pork and chicken and everything is pretty dad-gum good, but their brisket is the best in the area! Randy and Debbie Holt really know how to put on a good feed at minimal cost! One word of warning though - they only take cash (have an ATM machine in the dinning room) and they close early!

Good luck and let us know if you had any luck with any Q-joints or other food items!
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]CBJ - MBN, NCBS, NCPC, SBN[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]CTC - KCBS[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]4 Lil' Pigs Competition BBQ Team[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][COLOR=#a0522d]270-Sumo, LANG, BDS, & Holland Epic[/COLOR][/SIZE]
bbq.tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #3
energyzer
is one Smokin' Farker

I hit Clydes the last time around, and they are on my list for sure this time. That was some amazing BBQ! the last time I had the pulled pork, maybe this time will be the brisket.
Old 05-01-2015, 10:36 PM   #4
CarterK
On the road to being a farker

Did you make it to Allen & Son in Chapel Hill last time?
CarterK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 10:45 PM   #5
Smoke Dawg
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : IMF

We hit several when we were in Cary and I would say just go to Clyde Coopers a few times Maybe ride the bicycle bar!

I'll look for a picture

Attachment 110602
Only Brethren to win a TD with all the votes!
IMBAS Certified Moink Baller

Last edited by Smoke Dawg; 05-01-2016 at 12:27 PM..
Smoke Dawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 04:46 PM   #6
Pole D
is one Smokin' Farker

Not much actually in cary s far as bbq goes. Like Tom said there is City BBQ but it's a chain. One thing I will say is stay away from The Blistered Pig in Apex.

There is a new place that has opened up in cary but I haven't been so I can really speak to the quality or experience. Its Bike Mike's Brew N Que. It's a craft beer shop and bbq counter. Here is the info on it:

1222 NW Maynard Rd, Cary NC
www.apexbbq.com
Pole D is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->