Canadian Home Depot - Weber Charcoal

KevGuy

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
My fellow Canadians, it seems that home depots across the country are now back in stock of Weber charcoal. My local store had 27 bags in stock, so I grabbed 2 today. I already had 2 at home and I have 2 more coming by courier tomorrow. So, that will make 6 bags. I will try to grab a bag here and there over the fall and winter. I don’t have a lot of room to hoard charcoal, but I’ll do what I can since Weber charcoal will soon be a thing of the past.

Kevin, I guess Weber shipped their remaining stock up to you guys.
There is none to be found in my area, and I am going to give Rea at Weber a call and see if our efforts to change their minds worked.
I had to order some B&B charcoal briq's so I can do a seasoning on my Meadow Creek when she is finished getting purtied up.
I will let everyone know what I find out, but, I would grab as much as I could if they did not change their minds on discontinuing it.

Zero in my area also TC Smoke. Lowes has even pulled the shelf sticker on the Weber charcoal.

I just want my Royal Oak Lump back in stock and Ill be happy.

Maybe it is time to also contact the local businesses that we do business with directly about the charcoal situation. They do respond IF they get enough comments and requests for product. But, it does have to be constant and with as many numbers of individuals as possible to be even somewhat effective.

I have been finding RO Lump but, I have never used it. There is a semi local Ace with about 5 bags left. Would buy them up but short $

This is my stock for the winter.

1 bag Kingsford Original (16 lb)
6 bags Weber (20 lbs/bag)
2 bags Jealous Devil (10 lbs/bag)

Might grab a few more Weber if it’s available next month.

cD4CVfM.jpg

Last edited:
Kevin, I guess Weber shipped their remaining stock up to you guys.
There is none to be found in my area, and I am going to give Rea at Weber a call and see if our efforts to change their minds worked.
I had to order some B&B charcoal briq's so I can do a seasoning on my Meadow Creek when she is finished getting purtied up.
I will let everyone know what I find out, but, I would grab as much as I could if they did not change their minds on discontinuing it.

I suspect that Weber shipped the stock to Canada because they would get more money for it? That’s my guess. It would be worth asking Rea why they did that.

All the bbq stores in my area that carry Weber charcoal now have it in stock. The hardware stores that carry it have it in stock. Everywhere I look it’s in stock. The question is for how long?

Just as a thought, if you live relatively close to the Canadian border, just drive here and get some. Oh, my bad, the border is still closed to non-commercial traffic.

Last edited:
I am all the way down here in Sunny, Warm, South Florida, so the trip to buy up there is not gonna happen. I was on the run most of the day yesterday and did not get a chance to call Rea, will do so today.

I am all the way down here in Sunny, Warm, South Florida, so the trip to buy up there is not gonna happen. I was on the run most of the day yesterday and did not get a chance to call Rea, will do so today.

I wish I lived somewhere warm like you. Right now I’m about to face 5-6 months of snow and cold. When I was younger, that was fine, but as I get older my tolerance for winter gets less. You won’t catch me bbqing in the middle of February when the temperature is -30 C to -40 C (-22 F to -40 F).

I did get a chance to talk to Rea today, she is compiling all the E mails and letters and is going to talk to the powers that be. She has been talking to marketing and hope to get support from them also.
In talking to the Stock manager, she found out that they now have nothing in stock at their warehouses, all final orders have been shipped out. I told her about the reports from Canada having product, and nothing in the States, she was a bit surprised by that.

She is still putting the info together to convince the management to bring the product back, and agreed that any more E mails and letters would just make the case stronger. I suggested the end user contacting those companies who used to sell it and request it, and she thought that might help the cause also.
I guess we just have to continue to press the issue if we want Weber Charcoal back, so, I am again posting the contact info.
Rkulick@weberstephen.com

Weber Stephens Products
C/O Rea Kulick
1415 S. Roseville rd
Palatine Ill. 60067

I did get a chance to talk to Rea today, she is compiling all the E mails and letters and is going to talk to the powers that be. She has been talking to marketing and hope to get support from them also.
In talking to the Stock manager, she found out that they now have nothing in stock at their warehouses, all final orders have been shipped out. I told her about the reports from Canada having product, and nothing in the States, she was a bit surprised by that.

She is still putting the info together to convince the management to bring the product back, and agreed that any more E mails and letters would just make the case stronger. I suggested the end user contacting those companies who used to sell it and request it, and she thought that might help the cause also.
I guess we just have to continue to press the issue if we want Weber Charcoal back, so, I am again posting the contact info.
Rkulick@weberstephen.com

Weber Stephens Products
C/O Rea Kulick
1415 S. Roseville rd
Palatine Ill. 60067

Was she surprised that Canada has it in stock or surprised that you yanks got none in the final orders?

Maybe when she goes to talk to the brass she will inquire about the distribution of last orders of charcoal to Canada but not USA.

Yes, that was part of the conversation also. She really wants to see the product back on the shelves, so she is going to push as hard as possible.
We, the Brethren, still have to contact them and request that they continue to sell the charcoal.

Back