MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-23-2020, 02:53 PM   #46
70monte
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGEChicago View Post
I really like that color, to me it's old school... I bought a Yeti that is the similar color:
[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks,
Greg
I have two RTIC coolers that color. I like it.

Old 07-23-2020, 03:47 PM   #47
WilliamKY
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : William

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenZ View Post
My wife is actually the one who pushed me to buy one. How could I say no? BTW, they're out of stock currently but ramping up production. Word on the street is they'll have more in the coming week but were caught with their pants down when they released it. They had no idea how many they'd sell so fast. If you can get through to customer service (good luck) you can actually still order one for the next production run.
Ramping up production on a limited edition tells me they might offer other colors in the near future. The demand seems to be there. I'd love to see a copper 26.
Weber 26
WGA
Old Smokey Electric.
Go Cards!
WilliamKY is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-23-2020, 07:20 PM   #48
Cookb4
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Cook

I just put together my Glen Blue 26. It looks even better in person. I am excited to fire it up this weekend.
Cookb4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-02-2020, 10:42 AM   #49
bubbamac00
Knows what a fatty is.

Put mine together today. Looks good. I’ll probably continue to cook on my black 26 and keep this one while I get a cart made for it. Certainly like the color.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 1391E9C5-8C2B-4EC1-85B3-CFA51651C456.jpeg (145.7 KB, 296 views)
File Type: jpeg 251C3A64-6BF6-4D50-AFAA-B8CEB5955B5A.jpeg (143.5 KB, 302 views)
bubbamac00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-22-2020, 11:59 AM   #50
PnkPanther
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Adam

They're back in stock for those interested, I just put my order in

Old 09-23-2020, 08:51 AM   #51
ModelMaker
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike in Roseville View Post
First non-black 26 from Weber in 40 years.

Is it good or bad that my wife wants me to get one because she likes the color?

My point exactly, much too effeminate color for this guy.
Ed
Extremely seasoned hand hammered Wok
Pit Boss-HART BURN Competition BBQ Team
KCBS certified judge

And Your not the boss of me either!!
ModelMaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-23-2020, 10:31 AM   #52
DerHusker
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom b View Post
a redhead 26 performer would be to real hard to pass up
^^^ this!!!! ^^^

Old 09-23-2020, 10:51 AM   #53
eric21
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : eric

I do actually like this color. I appreciate unique colors, I would hope they continue coming out with more 26s in colors other than their standard options on the 22s.

Old 09-23-2020, 12:08 PM   #54
PnkPanther
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric21 View Post
I do actually like this color. I appreciate unique colors, I would hope they continue coming out with more 26s in colors other than their standard options on the 22s.

I obviously like it. I like the old school yellow and few others more, but **** it, I've wanted a 26 for a long time. 70 bucks for color seemed steep and almost backed off to get black one that is at local hardware store that has minor cosmetic damage I think I could get them to knock some $$ off, but in end, **** it, I wanted this one, so got it.

If they ever come out with sweet yellow or the old pea soup green they had back in the day, might put this one up for sale and get one of those colors

Old 09-23-2020, 02:00 PM   #55
eric21
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : eric

There's an old red 26 for sale near me for $500, it's in pretty rough shape...but maybe yours will be worth $500 by then :)

Old 09-23-2020, 02:44 PM   #56
PnkPanther
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric21 View Post
There's an old red 26 for sale near me for $500, it's in pretty rough shape...but maybe yours will be worth $500 by then :)

I keep an eye out for older webers unique colors on FB/Cl, but they're either heavily damaged or very over priced or combination (or at least, far more than I would pay)

250 for daisy wheel kettle seems a bit steep, even if it's a cool old retro color. But who knows, maybe there is a market for them

Old 06-19-2021, 10:07 AM   #57
Moose
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Richard

I'm really kicking myself for not jumping on this last year. Anyone know if Weber will be offering this again this year?

I called Weber CS yesterday regarding another matter, and asked about it but the rep indicated that they really aren't told about this kind of stuff in advance, but did disclose they sold out of the entire lot of the 26 Glen Blues in just a few days. If this was a test, it was obviously a smashing success, so hopefully we'll see it again this year...
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-22-2021, 03:38 PM   #58
digital
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I'm really kicking myself for not jumping on this last year. Anyone know if Weber will be offering this again this year?

I called Weber CS yesterday regarding another matter, and asked about it but the rep indicated that they really aren't told about this kind of stuff in advance, but did disclose they sold out of the entire lot of the 26 Glen Blues in just a few days. If this was a test, it was obviously a smashing success, so hopefully we'll see it again this year...
I really hope they do, would be an instant purchase.
digital is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2021, 08:51 AM   #59
Robert
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post

Brethren Tom B has a glen Blue and when he purchased it said he would have rather had the black one. You might see if he would trade you his blue for a black one.

Just a thought.

Thanks,

Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-23-2021, 08:53 AM   #60
tom b
somebody shut me the fark up.

I would trade my glen blue for a black 26 but Moose is a little far from me now Robert