Looking 4 new charcoal grill, HELP!

TheMadPlumbarian

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Ive been grilling for over 15yrs but never with charcoal, always gas. we moved and the new place we moved to has changed there rules and don't allow gas, so i need to change to charcoal, on top of that every time im done with the grill i have to place it in the basement, so i also need something light enough to carry down a flight of steps. im grilling for a family of four, and we get company every once and a while so nothing to small, one that ive had my eye on is the weber jumbo joe? not to big, yet not to small, and portable. but i dont know whats good out there when it comes to charcoal, any suggestions? thank you, JR

Whats your budget?

22 inch weber kettle and bags of Royal Oak lump are all you need. Weber has an 18 inch model that would be a little lighter to carry, but u may have trouble feeding a family of 4 with that.

and dont forget a chimney to light things faster.

and if its fits your budget, look into the ceramics. costco has some inexpensive ones for $4-500... or you can look at he kamodos and green eggs for a bit more.

i bought this little guy to bring to comps just to cook a few burgers and dogs for me and the Mrs. nice little ...can cook 6 to 8 burgers at a time lightweight a little more than you wanted to spend though
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CCG-100-GrateLifter-Portable-Charcoal/dp/B003I4EJUC/ref=sr_1_23?ie=UTF8&qid=1369017487&sr=8-23&keywords=cuisinart+grill"]Amazon.com: Cuisinart CCG-100 GrateLifter Portable Charcoal Grill: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

22 inch uweber kettles are a bit more than 100. u can probably get an 18 inch for 99.

a other option is the less expensive off brand square grills u can get at Lowes for 49 bucks. I would keep an eye on craiglist for a used kettle.

something about the kettle, they have the sizes figured out for amount of air space available, spend for the weber.tough to beat

I would look on CL for a Weber 22" kettle or better yet a Performer. BTW you can always buy or make a side table for the kettle.

Back