***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "The Almighty Meatball" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be the winner of the BBQ Brethren "The Almighty Meatball" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Banner.gif
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"The Almighty Meatball"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 1/22.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]bigabyte[/size]
1905102_bigabyte.jpg

[size=+2]scottjess[/size]
1906452_scottjess.jpg

[size=+2]BBQ4FUN[/size]
1906470_BBQ4FUN.jpg

[size=+2]SirPorkaLot[/size]
1906877_SirPorkaLot.jpg

[size=+2]caseydog[/size]
1907697_caseydog.jpg

[size=+2]Redhot[/size]
1907812_Redhot.jpg

[size=+2]Boshizzle[/size]
1907837_Boshizzle.jpg

[size=+2]Cack[/size]
1908246_Cack.jpg

[size=+2]Pappy[/size]
1909219_Pappy.jpg

[size=+2]DaveMW[/size]
1910221_DaveMW.jpg

[size=+2]Lazybones[/size]
1911644_Lazybones.jpg

[size=+2]Oldyote[/size]
1914480_Oldyote.jpg

[size=+2]silverfinger[/size]
1914517_silverfinger.jpg

[size=+2]N8man[/size]
1915235_N8man.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
1915715_bluetang.jpg

[size=+2]High Q[/size]
1915836_High_Q.jpg

[size=+2]colonel00[/size]
1915871_colonel00.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1915955_ecode.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1916114_Gore.jpg

I'm gonna have to stare at this one for a couple days to make a decision. What an awesome group of entries.

I feel like I should just throw a dart but that would fark up my monitor.

What a great bunch of entries. Every time I think I have picked the one I would most want to try I see another one.

Hmmm???

This one was crazy tough.

Besides the meat itself, we had the ooey-gooey cheese factor, creativity, sauces, technique and presentation.

So many entries had these factors, along with the "eat me" consideration.

After mercilessly whittling entries down using my factors, I still had a hard time between a couple entries. What decided it for me...I don't know...but one dish really called to me for some reason.

I narrowed it down between colonel and ecode.....

ecode's sang a sweet, sweet melody of meatball love to me......:-D

colonel, your's sang to me too....nttawwt......:redface:

I had to go with N8man. I really want his balls in my mouth. :shocked:

Wait, that didn't come out right. :becky:

Seriously, his meatball sammich is the one entry I most wanted to eat out of this field of very fine entries. :thumb:

CD

I'm gonna have to stare at this one for a couple days to make a decision. What an awesome group of entries.

I feel like I should just throw a dart but that would fark up my monitor.

What a great bunch of entries. Every time I think I have picked the one I would most want to try I see another one.

Hmmm???

You know if you can't decide between all of the great bunch of entries, there is one alternative. :heh:

This has got to be the hardest throwdown I have ever picked from. I want to try so many of these dishes. After going over and over how everything was cooked and presented, I had to go with Redhot. It was the deep frying of the balls and the guacamolie that won me over. :laugh:

Wow this is a tough one. I'm going to need to talk myself through this one to find a winner. Warning: this may come off as harsh in some cases but please keep in mind that this is a very tight race and I am grasping at straws here on a few of these. I promise I will enter a throwdown soon so that everyone may rip me as well.

bigabyte: I prefer even numbers, 8 meatballs may have gotten you my vote.

scottjess: Too many hints, I wanted to find the meatballs on my own.

BBQ4FUN: MOINK violation (venison/beef enough said) good looking money shot though.

SirPorkaLot: Very nice entry. I would hit that all day. In the end though you failed to hold off the General's zombie troops. See Gore's entry.

caseydog: That is a good looking meatball but I just had spaghetti and meatballs last night for dinner an ate way too much. I still feel sick thinking about it. Let's pretend I was offended by the fork crutch.

Redhot: You had me all worked up until I saw the chopped olives. I just don't like olives. I will make this someday, as soon as I find a suitable replacement for the olives.

Boshizzle: See: caseydog. Spaghetti and meatball hangover. Love the cheese though.

Cack: Not nearly enough bacon in the meatballs, try not to eat so much next time. Fine looking sub though.

Pappy: The meatballs I ate too much of last night were turkey meatballs. See: caseydog and Boshizzle.

DaveMW: Dude I'm from the northeast and couldn't let this one slide it's HOAGIE roll. Note: would still hit that.

Lazybones: I would have stuck the potato under the broiler to melt the cheese. Nitpicking here.

oldyote: Creative use of meatball ingredients. Perhaps plated on a toasted slice of rye? still in the running.

silverfinger: Hmm, ground beef, bacon, Oakridge, 2 kinds of cheese. I do love sandwiches. In the running.

N8man: The meatballs looked awesome, maybe too awesome. I fear there was some enhancement added to the final TD shot. Maybe it was the zombies.

Bluetang: That's a fine looking sandwich right there. Just a little too spicy for me.

HighQ: My parents used to make me sit at the table until I ate all of my peas. It scarred me for life.

Colonel00: Ground chuck, pizza dough, tons of cheese, butter and herbs, cooked on Darth Stewie. In the running.

ecode: The meatball got lost in the pie for me, not enough focus on the meatball. That said, I clipped that post to evernote for further review in my own kitchen.

Gore: I'm scared of zombie's and I definitely would not want to eat one, no matter who's grandmother came up with the recipe.

Decisions, decisions.

I keep going through all the pron and the one I stop on every time is Redhot. That is one Almighty Meatball.

Back