MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #1
Garrett
Babbling Farker

Default Rotisserie on a UDS

After repairing the lid from it getting blown off when I was baking the paint on a few weeks ago, I found this Masterforge rotisserie on a clearance sale at Lowes for $17. Took about 20 minutes to install it. I had to try it out. Got some white beans in the crock pot and plan to make white chili.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352837072.056833.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352837103.425173.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352837125.878748.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352837174.573201.jpg

Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
1911Ron
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Ron

I like it very nice! Could i bother you for more info on the install ?

Old 11-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Garrett
Babbling Farker

I have two racks in mine. I didn't want to make notch in the top of the barrel even tho it would be easier to place it and remove it. So I measured the spit rod and made my holes 1/8" larger, 3" down from top of barrel. Took a few minutes to make sure the rod was dead center of holes before mounting the brackets that hold it in place. May not be the best way but I didn't want to notch it and mess with the lid sealing.

Thanks from:--->
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #4
Garrett
Babbling Farker

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352838207.133102.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1352838225.815077.jpg
Hope this helps.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #5
polishdon
Full Fledged Farker

With no way to remove the spit rod without sliding it out, how'd ya get that bird out of there??

Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
Wh1skey6
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishdon View Post
With no way to remove the spit rod without sliding it out, how'd ya get that bird out of there??
On some you can actually undo the brackets that hold the food to the spit rod. Or he could pull it until the end is INSIDE the UDS, then slide the chicken off.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #7
Skidder
Babbling Farker

I just used my Weber rotisserie and sealed the rim with foil.
Skidder is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #8
polishdon
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1skey6 View Post
On some you can actually undo the brackets that hold the food to the spit rod. Or he could pull it until the end is INSIDE the UDS, then slide the chicken off.
I understand that, just seems like a pain in the rear.

Old 11-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #9
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

The problem I have with hard mounting a rotisserie on a drum is that you will find it a bitch to deal with.
With a ring you can lift the whole setup off instead of standing over a flaming charcoal basket trying to wrestle that bird off the spit or trying to thread the rod with meats on and likely dumping them into the barrel. There is no way a Rib-O-Lator will be of any use in that setup.
It looks like you are cooking with an indirect setup, which is blasphemy IMHO. Let us know how it works out for you!

but thats just me
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #10
Garrett
Babbling Farker

It actually worked out pretty good. I removed the handle and slid the other end out of the motor and was able lift to that side up and removed it with no problems.