Keto rib rub

Jrogers84

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Has anyone ever made their own keto rib rub? I usually like sugar with pork but im back on the keto train and plan on doing ribs this weekend.

Any rub recipe can be made sugar free by using Lakanto Golden Monkfruit sweetener. There are other sweeteners out there, but the Monkfruit is 1:1 substitute for sugar.

Salt and pepper? IMO the amount of sugar in rub is negligible with regards to ketosis, with the quantities involved in your average serving of BBQ.

I make my own and replaced it with artificial sweetener such as Swerve

i was wondering if monkfruit acts the same way as sugar. I also have naturiffic stuff to use.....good call

I have used monkfruit many times. Swerve and Sukrin both make a brown sugar substitute too. You can also make your own brown sugar substitute with erythritol. I personally prefer the monkfruit, because you don't get the cooling effect like you do with erythritol, and you can use it as 1:1 substitute.
These were cooked with a rub made with monkfruit.
bHefd9G.jpg
i9Z0d37.jpg

Most Memphis style dry rib rubs have no sugar or relatively little sugar. Look up recipes and make your own sugar free version.

I have used splenda in my homemade rub to replace sugar. There is also a brown sugar splenda that works well too.

Back