Calling all Southern California Brethren

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
We have been trying to come up with an idea for a bash and I think we finally have one.

Labor Day weekend there is a contest in Imperial Beach. We're thinking we could put together a couple of Brethren All-sta teams and go down there to compete. We could set up two sites right next to each other and party all nite. I think it would be a great way to hang out and cook together. It also eases the burden because we could split all of the costs.

Who's with me?

Going to Flagstaff to watch NAU soccer for the weekend, otherwise I would be there in a heartbeat. I am up for another Backyard at the Rocke though...

Chris We could do a IBCA sanctioned contest at your casa
Using the open dates in July. Do you have room for 10 to 12 teams?

If we could use the block, we could. No huge RV's though.

I would gladly make the drive down to Imperial Beach but I'm on cruise with my dear wife. (Celebrating our 25th Anniversary, which was yesterday). Any chance we can start planning for 2008 so I can get it on the calendar.

We celebrated last night with a great dinner at Ruth's Criss. The cruise is just another promised celebration. She's put up with me for 25 years I think she deserves a little extra...

I think that we should try to set up a Cali bash. This weekend is kinda short notice, but maybe sometime during the summer would be doable.
TRP1Fox..congrats on the anniversary. We should try to hook up. I am up the road in Auburn.

I have a half acre lot, If we can figure on a weekend I can discuss it with wife. Matter of a fact the weekend before the 4th her and my daughter are off to San Diego. I live in Norco of course, 15 fwy at 6th.

I got family in the San Diego area. A road trip is always in order.

Auburn

I think that we should try to set up a Cali bash. This weekend is kinda short notice, but maybe sometime during the summer would be doable.
TRP1Fox..congrats on the anniversary. We should try to hook up. I am up the road in Auburn.

I'm always up for meeting a fellow Qer. Let me know what works for you.

So that we don't hijack the So Cal Brother's thread, I've started a No Cal thread. If you are interested in a road to So Cal stay here, if No Cal is more your speed...

With Qfests North and South you could very easy have a Bash and see the other Cooks in the State Plus we could share the joys of being a Brethren
Oct North Feb South

THom is right. You folks that haven't been there yet should join the California BBQ Association. You can find out about upcoming contests and events all over Cali.

Now about that weekend before July 4th at Pat's house...

Back