Washington BBQ novice saying hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pnw Griller

Found this site after searching for some guidelines on smoking a rib roast. I wasnt sure if I should go low and slow with direct sear or sear then low our what I should do. I do have bbq and smoking experience, as far as every one I know is concerned I'm the best around. I've always known this to be untrue, I mean it's bbq, unless I completely screw things up most will think it's great eats.

I spent all of last summer up into the late fall smoking, making rubs and sauces, trying new woods, different meats and cuts... Thought I got a handle on a few things, boy was I wrong, after looking at a few hreads I'm light years behind. There are some great chefs on this site and tons of knowledge, I am stoked I found this site!

This weekend I'm modifying my CG smoker, making a charcoal basket and smoking some butts!

Welcome to the BBQ Brethren fellow Mossback...be sure to check out our local BBQ Association for all things BBQ happening up here in our neck of the woods www.pnwba.com
Cheers!
JD

Welcome to the Brotherhood, pull up a chair and grab a beer, sit a bit and join in the discussions damn glad to meet ya
RR

Cool I didn't know there is a pnw bbq scene like that. I'm in the puget sound area, I'll try to make it out to some of those events.

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

I'm impressed with how involved the members are here.

When I get a chance I'll post done pics of ribs I did up last year and a small lamb roast too.

Welcome from the Hoosier state!! There are most certainly people here that could humble any chef on TV.

Cool I didn't know there is a pnw bbq scene like that. I'm in the puget sound area, I'll try to make it out to some of those events.

You are always welcome in our camp...hope to see you soon!

Welcome from a newbie from Indiana. I just joined as well!:thumb:

Okay this is the only pic I could find of anything I've cooked up last year.

I didn't have a recipe to follow, just rubbed on some stuff I thought would make a good rub. I t weighed in at 3lb and I smoked it for 4 hrs, according to the gauge on the lid it was at 250-275, no idea what the real temp was.

IMG_20101109_202125.jpg

Welcome from Indiana!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back