• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

IT'S ON!! N Tx/ S. Ok Bash Sat Nov 2nd Lake Ray Roberts

Jeannie and I will be there!
We'll drive down that morning (180 miles) and head back in the afternoon. I can do Moinks if nobody else does. Just need to use a cooker!

Arlin
I will have an upper rack on my mini available for a portion of the day. Will likely throw something quick on the top for lunch with the shoulder on the lower rack...

1. SmittyJonz - Brisket, Pasta Salad
2. peeps - pork butt on the mini, Coleslaw...maybe a couple misc Q items.
3. frognot - chili, MOINK balls, smoked/cajun sausage, possibly brownies
4. Arlin_MacRae - more MOINK balls (NEEDS COOKER)

Right Now I have a rusted out Bandera (not useable), a 30" Masterbuilt Electric, an a 2 rack UDS and a 22.5 Kettle so I can bring UDS and Kettle, -- I may have something else to bring if this Crackhead on CL gets real.......:wink:

Y'all driving Tiny Cars Down?

Last edited:
I have a CX9, 323i, and a GTO. The CX9 is the only one with ample room but I'll be damned if I'm moving the car seat again and the wife and kiddo will be coming later in the day after a nap.

If push comes to shove, I think I can get the kettle in the backseat, the mini in the trunk, and my bucket of gear in the passenger seat of the Bimmer...

I have a five-day campout the weekend before that, but Ray Roberts is close, so I should be able to pull it off.

I have plenty of cookers -- and a Mini Cooper. If I can snag a truck from inventory, I will. Or, maybe Frognot can help me transport cookers.

Arlin, you can use my Mini-Wsm for MOINK balls.

I'm leaning towards smoking a turkey -- or maybe a bunch of turkey legs.

CD

CD, be glad to help transport cookers. However, can't find Quahog on the map but assume it is close to Phrisceaux.

1. SmittyJonz - Brisket, Pasta Salad
2. peeps - pork butt on the mini, Coleslaw...maybe a couple misc Q items.
3. frognot - chili, MOINK balls, smoked/cajun sausage, possibly brownies
4. Arlin_MacRae - more MOINK balls (NEEDS COOKER)
5. caseydog - turkey or turkey legs
6. Totally Basted (Frognot Jr)

Frognot Jr. here. I can bring an Akorn.

Proud to welcome my son here. He's been a huge part of any successful cook of mine.

However, he's not afraid of peppers of any kind and can definitely kick any spice profile up a notch.

Wonder if he knows i've got a couple of briskets stashed in the freezer . . .

Wow! Didn't realize it was hist first day and first post! Welcome!

If my propane cabinet to charcoal cabinet smoker conversion turns out then my 2 racks UDS will be available -----if not then part of my UDS will be available LOL

We need to get atleast the turnout S Cal did........:roll: I mean its Texas - a BBQ State!

I'll see if I can clear my schedule for Friday. Set to work that night. But should be able to get a cover. If so I'm sure I can make it. He'll might even camp if there is enough interest.

I would love to be there but it's race weekend. Got company coming in and all. Have a cold one for me.

I can bring my PBC down if I need to to free up something for someone else. That just means I need to bring the truck.

My plan is to just take my mini WSM unless I absolutely need to load up the Kettle.

Bottom rack will be my pork butt.

Top rack will be free for short cook snack type items by myself or others. I won't need it the whole day, so we can rotate some items in while we are snacking on things that just came off.

I will probably do some pig shots.

So, Smitty...I've been wondering about pronunciation.

\ˈjōnz\ or \ˈjänz\

In my head, I have been saying \ˈjōnz\

Inquiring minds want to know...

I'll see if I can clear my schedule for Friday. Set to work that night. But should be able to get a cover. If so I'm sure I can make it. He'll might even camp if there is enough interest.

Hey Jason! Hope you can make it.

Hey Jason! Hope you can make it.

Holy Cow !!!
You farkers are making my mouth water.
Opening weekend for Deer Season, Nascar, Prime Rib Dinner with my wife, or Lake Ray Roberts.
Just couln't decide until I saw "Arlene" is coming down from Sooner territory and now I think I need to overcome, adapt, and attend.
Somehow I will do my best to make it.

Back