KCBS/Restaurant Depot

:whoo:

I just may have to head over there right now! :whoo:

Oh - and did I say :whoo:?

:whoo: X 2, I think I'll have to go there Saturday and pick up a CAB brisket and some butcher paper to celebrate.

Great news. I was heading there tomorrow for a catering job. Now we can use our pass for family stuff. Is it a one time use or can you get a new pass each time you visit?

Fantastic! I've been checking the KCBS site nearly every night, so I'm glad to see this here.

I can't see it be anything other than a win for everyone. I have money. I want to spend it on brisket. Done... I'm going there this weekend.

Here's a big thank you its a great place.

Thank you to the KCBS. I've been thinking about joining and with this news i will definitely jump in.

good question above, is this a one time use or does it provide access during the life of the membership? I assume the latter.

Great news. I was heading there tomorrow for a catering job. Now we can use our pass for family stuff. Is it a one time use or can you get a new pass each time you visit?

According to Kelly in the Office you can get an RD membership card by showing your KCBS membership card and the Form on the KCBS site. Once you get at RD membership card your good to go.

Check out the link from poobah above. A marketing director of RD actually made an account in here and assured all is well. Seems she may be trying to get bbq brethren members access too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

According to Kelly in the Office you can get an RD membership card by showing your KCBS membership card and the Form on the KCBS site. Once you get at RD membership card your good to go.

Just to clarify, does this mean that the new agreement will allow KCBS members to get a "Real" Restaurant Depot membership card, and not the usual day pass?

Our KCBS card worked in Indianapolis without any issues. They actually seemed to be fully aware of the deal and we didn't need to explain anything.

So are we suppose to get an actual annual RD membership card or just day passes?

The coupon read day pass. I think that makes sense as it is a benefit of being a member of KCBS. If they give out cards then you do not need to rejoin KCBS (bad for KCBS) or RD has to have a expiration system to stay in the parameters of the program (bad for RD) unless they don't care and it seems they do or they would just let anyone in. keith

Went into my local RD yesterday (Sunday) and the lady at the front counter followed the directions on the RD printout and after a minute or so of writing out a day pass, she said the account was closed or something like that. However, armed with the knowledge I gleaned from this thread I told her it had been closed and then re-opened after a period of talks between the organizations. Anyway, she let me in regardless and I guess I'll see if it works out better next time or not. If it matters, this was in the LA area.

I didn't have any problems today. The girl behind the counter said something about how the account WAS closed but gave me the pass without any resistance

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I was also told the account was closed, so I had to rely on my good looks and charm. She gave me a pass anyway.

I went a couple weeks ago and the account wasn't closed, and now they're saying it is, so what's going on?

Back