***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Lesser Known Cuts of Meat" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should be the winner of the BBQ Brethren "Lesser Known Cuts of Meat" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Banner.gif
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Lesser Known Cuts of Meat"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Sunday 2/19.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]jeffjenkins1[/size]
1936950_jeffjenkins1.jpg

[size=+2]---k---[/size]
1938289_---k---.jpg

[size=+2]BDAABAT[/size]
1938451_BDAABAT.jpg

[size=+2]SirPorkaLot[/size]
1939408_SirPorkaLot.jpg

[size=+2]Moose[/size]
1940103_Moose.jpg

[size=+2]Ron L[/size]
1942407_Ron_L.jpg

[size=+2]FattyMac[/size]
1945093_FattyMac.jpg

[size=+2]JPS11[/size]
1945728_JPS11.jpg

[size=+2]BobBrisket[/size]
1946101_BobBrisket.jpg

[size=+2]Gore[/size]
1946135_Gore.jpg

[size=+2]colonel00[/size]
1946189_colonel00.jpg

[size=+2]ecode[/size]
1946202_ecode.jpg

Once again, this will be tough. One thing I have learned over the last week is that there are definitely some cuts of meat that I need to explore.

That was tough, and I really wanted to vote for the pied de cochon, but, that is more common than pig tails, as there are four pied de cochon and only one tail per pig. And Fattymac made the tail look so good, which has to be rewarded.

Hmmm...what to do. What to do. Lesser known VS not readily available. I too was attracted to the pied de cochon, but shanks and feet can hardly be considered lesser known cuts sold seperately. Together however...
Then, there are the tails. These indeed I've never seen or even pondered upon. Do I want to eat them? Then there's the gator. Gator is good and that looks scrumptious. Probably there are a lot of folk who don't even consider gator as a viable food source, but lesser known? Hmmm...what to do. What to do?

Hmmm...what to do. What to do. Lesser known VS not readily available. I too was attracted to the pied de cochon, but shanks and feet can hardly be considered lesser known cuts sold seperately. Together however...
Then, there are the tails. These indeed I've never seen or even pondered upon. Do I want to eat them? Then there's the gator. Gator is good and that looks scrumptious. Probably there are a lot of folk who don't even consider gator as a viable food source, but lesser known? Hmmm...what to do. What to do?

Do it! Vote for the pig leg!

Just think. We could go from never having a first, to two in two weeks.
We could start a movement (no not that kind of movement)

Pig leg

Pig leg

Pig leg

Pig leg

Vote

Disclaimer: any likeness to subliminal advertising is completely accidental.

Vote pig leg

This one was tough, but the pig tails got it. I had no idea that you could eat them at all, let alone actually wanting to eat them now after seeing that entry. Good job, fellas.

When this TD came about I was fearful of what lesser known meats would be served. I was pretty sure I wouldn't want to eat any of them. I should've known better. You guys out did yourselves. I would hit all of that. :thumb: SirPorkaLot's pig leg is farking awesome but I can't stop staring at Moose's meat! :shocked: This is gonna be another tough one.

I can't help but to think I really dropped the ball here in my pursuit of the zero. :tsk:

When I was a kid my Dad used to bring home smoked Cod bellies (so good) for us and I can just imagine how good the Salmon bellies (Bacon) must have been. :thumb:

Okay all let's tighten things up here as we head for the finish line.

Two worthy candidates are Gore's Salmon Candy & JPS11's Gator tail.

Back