Two Lang 84's stolen from church in Durham, NC

Google search Craigslist search tempest. That will allow you to search all Craigslist.

Just wanted to bump this up for the people that didn't get to see it.

OP - any news?

You're right Durham ( and NC) is well represented. Didn't realize it either.

Will be keeping my eyes open for the Langs.

Really a shame.

Damn shame.

On a more positive note, never realized we had so many Durham members on here, pretty cool!

Pretty darn low but people rarely fail to surprise me with their ability to rise above - and to sink way under - basic human qualities.

Hope this turns out well for all concerned.

Just saw this cross-posted on NC4x4.

I hope you find your cookers, but please check the scrap yards. Nobody who cares about BBQ would steal them for starters, but nobody who steals them would care about BBQ. It's just metal to them.

:cry:

Keeping an eye out in North Alabama. :twitch:

As a retired LEO I second the idea that the lowlifes likely either sold it for
scrap, or traded it for dope at a 'Crack House'.
Junk yards everywhere suffer when crooked dealers do business.

IMO: I'd be too conspicuous to try to sell them together,
so they may have been 'Fenced out' separately.

CL might be a little too public for the thieves. They may try to sell them
by word of mouth.

Best of luck in finding them.

The Lang 84 is registered in NC Lic # UPN$MOKE VIN NCX1142605.
There is reflector tape on each side and the firebox container is made of stainless steel.

I use the smoker for KCBS competitions and for Operation BBQ For Our Troops events.

Damn Scott, that sucks. This is Anthony from the Pork City Grillers that are beside you guys in Rocky Mount every year. I'll keep an eye out down here as well. I really hate to hear this, it just pisses me off. Was the other one your 60 too or someone else's?

unfortunately the cookers were not found. There is a fundraiser Friday to help raise money to replace the cookers. below are the details. please note at the bottom of the link there is a way make a donation. Mods if this is out of line please delete

http://pageeasy.com/BringBacktheButts/

I'm not saying we should grab our torches and pitchforks, but anybody that would refer to the smoker as a "Large All Purpose Cooker" is suspect in my mind.
I'm thinking that it's pretty clear they don't know what they have on their hands.

It's like selling a Porsche and advertising it as a "quick and sporty car".

I just got a reply, and they said that it looks like one of them. We will find out.

Back