• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Fatboy's gonna earn his keep today!

Fishiest1

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
It will be cooking 2 slabs of ribs, a chuckie, family pack of thighs, Kerri's Baked Beans and ABTs. I'm know it will do it's job. Hopefully I wont mess it up too much!

Sweet! I just fired up my Fatboy as well (but it's 25 degrees up here and I had to a bunch of digging around in deep snow to get started).
Got a brisket on already and a couple slabs of spares going on in a few hours. If I can motivate myself to the supermarket, there may be ABTs as well.

Oh the joys of BBQ and Playoff Football...............

Thanks all!

My buddy just dropped off some chicken thighs, skinless and deboned stuffed in a muffin pan? Exactly, what am I supposed to do with that???

Do I just rub them and throw them in the smoker in the pan? Im really not sure..

Ha, sounds like he has been watching Myron Mixon. Use that as a reference for a site search, along with muffin pan chicken. I have not done it this way, but I think you can certainly throw it in the smoker for now, while you look up how to finish. I have seen some doing the entire cook in the pan, and I think I recall some others starting that way and then taking out later in the cook. Usually I have seen some margarine used in conjunction with this method. Post pics...

I did 15 sides of spare ribs on my Fatboy last Saturday for the football games, then turned around and did 4 big chuckies & a batch of ABT's for Sunday's games. The Fatboy is an awesome cooker.

Cheers,
Braddog

I did 15 sides of spare ribs on my Fatboy last Saturday for the football games, then turned around and did 4 big chuckies & a batch of ABT's for Sunday's games. The Fatboy is an awesome cooker.

Cheers,
Braddog

I second that. Sold mine to a customer that wanted one really bad.....but I got a new one comin'!!!! I had two extra racks and 180 doors built onto this one. Can't wait for it!

Wooosh, what a day! This is what I have found out, the kitchen or tv room is no longer the focal point, the smoker is! Considering I did ribs, chuck, abts, beans chicken and muffin chicken everything turned out between good and great so am okay with that.

I have not been able to get a chuck really good though for some reason, just cant figure it out. Oh well, its a project now!

Any Pics Have you checked out thirdeyes site for the chuck I have used it and it turned out pretty good

Back