MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:52 AM   #16
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Congrats to all who walked
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 09:18 AM   #17
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvie View Post
Congrats to all all who got calls and especially to Harry. Gotta give props to any team that has earned 8 GCs in one year. Truly amazing.
Agreed. Forget the drama about the Jack. Getting 8 in a year is something to be proud of. Heck, I'd be proud to get one

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 09:57 AM   #18
bam
is One Chatty Farker

Congrats to all who walked. Thanks Harry you'll give use something to talk about.
bam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 11:50 AM   #19
Ryan Chester
is One Chatty Farker

Congrats to Harry and Loot N Booty. Seems you guys lucked out with no winds as the week before had something like 65 MPH winds. Pretty amazing that Harry has racked up 8 GC's this year but I have a feeling this is going to be another controversial one. 1st year or 2nd year competition? Qualifier or not? I got my popcorn ready!

Thanks from:--->
Old 08-15-2011, 12:18 PM   #20
Smitty250
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks Guys! I think Henry is trying to get the name of the contest changed to Golden Acorn Border Wars so it can "officially" be a first year contest - also he said something about it being a different date this year than last year. Congrats to Harry for his GC and all my AZ BBQ Brethren for putting in some work. Great job Tom and Paul from IAB 30 for 3rd ovrall - you guys are tough competition.

Smitty
Loot N' Booty BBQ
[LEFT]2014 American Royal Open RGC[/LEFT]
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2016 Jack Daniel's World Pork Champion
[LEFT]2014, 2015 & 2016 Arizona Team of the Year[/LEFT]
[url]www.lootnbootybbq.com[/url]
Smitty250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 12:29 PM   #21
Jaybird
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty250 View Post
Thanks Guys! I think Henry is trying to get the name of the contest changed to Golden Acorn Border Wars so it can "officially" be a first year contest - also he said something about it being a different date this year than last year. Congrats to Harry for his GC and all my AZ BBQ Brethren for putting in some work. Great job Tom and Paul from IAB 30 for 3rd ovrall - you guys are tough competition.

Smitty
Loot N' Booty BBQ
Hey Smitty, congrats on the RGC my friend!

Congrats also to Harry for the GC!

Not quite sure where the confusion is but I'm pretty sure this isn't a first year contest. I don't think you can just change the name and all of a sudden it's a first year contest.
It appears to be KCBS sanctioned as 'Golden Acorn BBQ Fest 2010' and 'Golden Acorn BBQ Fest 2011' on the KCBS website. It is also referred to as 'Golden Acorn II 2011' on the CBBQA forum. The thread is named and started by the organizer of the contest.
It's the way that you roll!"
:butt:
Jaybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #22
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Congrats to the winners and all who were called. Eight GCs in a year is pretty awesome (if I do say so myself)

I have been in charge of qualifier stuff for the FBA for several years now. There are two ways a second year contest could have qualifier status with 20 teams. One would be if it is the only contest in the state. The other would be if it is the first year it has had the proclamation. Then it would be considered a first year contest in regards to the Jack. If it had the proclamation last year, it would be considered an established contest and would need 25 teams.

Regardless, best of luck!
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 08-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #23
leanza
Babbling Farker

Congrats to all who walked. SYD has it going on.

Old 08-15-2011, 01:10 PM   #24
JD McGee
somebody shut me the fark up.

Congrats everyone! Hey Benny...we need two more teams this weekend for a qualifier in Duvall...how about a road trip for you and Harry! Lol...good luck on your quest guys!
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #25
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:

Smitty
Loot N' Booty BBQ
Congrats Smitty!..sorry we missed you guys but we were watching team count and knew this would NOT be a qualifier thats just one of the reasons we didn't go..we were at this comp last year so yes it's a second year comp..and if it becomes one from a name and date change..I call bulls#$%!..you can't change the rules after the fact..those rules are there for a reason!
Facebook:[url]https://m.facebook.com/pages/Leftcoast-Q/125103440847709?id=125103440847709&_rdr[/url]
Our website:
[url]http://www.leftcoastq.com/Leftcoastq.com/Home.html[/url]
big matt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #26
Smitty250
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by big matt View Post
Congrats Smitty!..sorry we missed you guys but we were watching team count and knew this would NOT be a qualifier thats just one of the reasons we didn't go..we were at this comp last year so yes it's a second year comp..and if it becomes one from a name and date change..I call bulls#$%!..you can't change the rules after the fact..those rules are there for a reason!
Thanks Matt. We would have loved seeing you guys out there. I agree with you on the 2nd year event. I don't think you should be able to just change the name/date of a comp depending on how many teams show up to make it a Jack draw or not. Hell - I'm just there to cook up some Q and drink some beer - leave me out of all the politics behind it. (Unless we got GC then I might have something to say about it).
[LEFT]2014 American Royal Open RGC[/LEFT]
2014 American Royal Invitational Chicken Champion
2016 Jack Daniel's World Pork Champion
[LEFT]2014, 2015 & 2016 Arizona Team of the Year[/LEFT]
[url]www.lootnbootybbq.com[/url]
Smitty250 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 03:56 PM   #27
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Thanks Matt. We would have loved seeing you guys out there. I agree with you on the 2nd year event. I don't think you should be able to just change the name/date of a comp depending on how many teams show up to make it a Jack draw or not. Hell - I'm just there to cook up some Q and drink some beer - leave me out of all the politics behind it. (Unless we got GC then I might have something to say about it).
Sorry dude I wasn't trying to put it on you in anyway..and I'm not trying to put it on anybody..the thing that sucks is if it was a qualifier we would have been there along with a few more teams without doubt..but to change it on the fly isn't cool..and again congrats to you guys..sorry for the mix up.
Facebook:[url]https://m.facebook.com/pages/Leftcoast-Q/125103440847709?id=125103440847709&_rdr[/url]
Our website:

Old 08-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #28
Sledneck
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by big matt View Post
So you would only compete if it's a qualifier and if you knew they had enough teams in place before hand? That makes no sense. You seen they had let's say 20. If you joined them it would of been 21 then another guy might say hey were real close I'm 22 etc.
The poster does not take any responsibility for any bad feelings or sense of exclusion that the reader of this post may have-whether real or imagined. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster of this thread would like to also remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.[/B][/COLOR][/B]
Sledneck is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 04:17 PM   #29
bbqfun
Knows what a fatty is.

"thats just one of the reasons we didn't go"

Sledneck, you may not know the whole story.
bbqfun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #30
big matt
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbqfun View Post
"thats just one of the reasons we didn't go"

Sledneck, you may not know the whole story.
Well I guess I stirred the pot but oh well..there were more than a few things that kept us home but no need to go into it..bottom line what I was trying to point out was that rules are rules..we could go back and forth all day but in the end it's all up to KCBS..I'm just trying to stand up for what I see as the right thing to do.
Our website: