Looking for advertising suggestions

Boomshakalaka

Reaction score
Hello fellow Brethren, I have been a weekend warrior for 15 years and part time cook for a bbq competition team for a little over a year. I have a patent pending, game changing product/tool that I invented and we are one week from going “live” with the product. It will blow your minds as there is nothing like it on the market, AND it works! We are in discussions with a couple “box stores” but in the mean time I want to get this thing out to the masses by advertising in time for the holiday season. I’m hoping to get ideas from everyone of which publications most people prefer and perhaps from guys that already have products for sale that are willing to share what works best for them. We have several on the table, just looking for ideas we may have overlooked. ANY help is greatly appreciated! When we have it ready to purchase in a week or so, I will post it in the appropriate discussion group! Thanks in advance folks! Stay Calm And Smoke On!

As more of a consumer than a producer of BBQ stuff, I have to say that other then Smoke Signals, I don't read any BBQ publications, nor do I watch any programs or videos. I do come to the Brethren and all of the products I have purchased over the past 4 years have been only due to this site.

I bet you could buy advertising on the site But since your a Spammer I highly doubt it don't go away mad just go. I don't eat Spam so Scram!!!

As more of a consumer than a producer of BBQ stuff, I have to say that other then Smoke Signals, I don't read any BBQ publications, nor do I watch any programs or videos. I do come to the Brethren and all of the products I have purchased over the past 4 years have been only due to this site.

^ +1 .... I too have come to purchase products from The Brethren from the site as well.

Bludawg, If I was a spammer, I would have tried to plug my product. There are always haters out there. If you read my thread, I was asking for other suggestions. Already working with Smoke signals. Go away mad.

Mod Note:

Take it easy, guys... No need to let this escalate.

Boomshakalaka, we get a few spammers who sneak in through our filters, and Blu was just looking out for the forum. Thanks for returning to the thread and posting. A spammer wouldn't do that.

You mentioned a product under development and posting it on the forum when it is ready. Please take a few minute to read our rules (which you agreed to follow when you signed up for your account), and pay attention in particular to the section on advertising. As Blu mentioned, you can buy banner ads on the forum, or we provide the option of a vendor subscription that will give you a section of the forum dedicate to your product. Beyond that, we do not allow advertising.

If you have questions after reviewing that material, please contact any of the moderators (our names are in green) or the admin, BBQChef33.

Thanks Ron. Im with everyone else on a stance on spamming. Wasn’t even sure if Q Talk was where I should ask, but figured it was just an honest question. I honestly do just want real answers since there are not many real BBQ publications. Cooking Magazine starts at like $80,000 and thats just a wee bit outside our budget. lol. Looking forward to a response to our emails we’ve sent.
Thanks. I still do want more opinions of what people read! We have two others that have a decent reader base, just looking for more. Thanks again..

I bet you could buy advertising on the site But since your a Spammer I highly doubt it don't go away mad just go. I don't eat Spam so Scram!!!

On another note, this is why we ask people to Report a post and then........let US handle it. Also, we shouldn't jump to conclusions and air them publicly. Assumptions aren't always correct, and in many cases alienate new members and leave bad tastes in people's mouths. Not to mention, it creates work on our end by having to break it up.
Let us do the Moderating. We would greatly appreciate it!

Welcome, Boom!

Bob

Don't Advertise

Hey there Boom - here's some advice from someone who sells product in this industry. Don't advertise. The best thing you can do is get your product in the hands of your customers (like the people on this site) and let them use it. If it's as great as you say it is, they'll write about it, take pictures of it, blog about it and become your distributed sales force. Make them happy and you'll be successful.

Other than that, you should focus on online activities like paid search, affiliate marketing and SEO (mostly paid search). You don't have time for anything else for the holidays.

Back to the OP's question. God, Gun and Fishin' magazines automatically include BBQ and other type of outdoor cooking Folks. Bassmaster, Louisiana Sportsman, NRA publications etc are a good way to go.

Good luck in your endeavors with the Mod's Blessings.

Hey there Boom - here's some advice from someone who sells product in this industry. Don't advertise. The best thing you can do is get your product in the hands of your customers (like the people on this site) and let them use it. If it's as great as you say it is, they'll write about it, take pictures of it, blog about it and become your distributed sales force. Make them happy and you'll be successful.

Other than that, you should focus on online activities like paid search, affiliate marketing and SEO (mostly paid search). You don't have time for anything else for the holidays.

Amen!

I appreciate the advice srfshane. We have already spent quite a bit on SEO and a few other tricks up our sleeve. The whole point of this post was to get real opinions like yours, and I thank you. We are just still trying to cover all of our bases… Thanks man.

You can also look at the BBQ Times and the National BBQ News. Those, Smoke Signals and The Bull Sheet are the only BBQ publications I can think of.

Well, if this "thing" is as kick arse as you say, then send me one and I'll put it to the test. Since times are tough, all I'll charge is a good ol briskey! :biggrin1:

Got me wondering what the heck this thing is! I can't think of anything else I "need" to cook my Q.

Got me wondering what the heck this thing is! I can't think of anything else I "need" to cook my Q.
Well, and that is the point, most all of us don't NEED any more that what we already own, and most of us own more than we ever needed to begin with. For a BBQ product to really take off, I think it has to be a WANT. And a pretty decent 'want' at that.

I suggest you post it in our venders forum and then send one to Cowgirl.:-D

Make up a thirty second commercial. Put it on a news station like CNN. Make it pop up with every new story. You're going to piss off a lot of people like me but they will never forget who you are,:laugh:

If it is something that competition teams could use, sponsor a few teams. It'll hit a target audience and possibly not cost you a ton of money other than the product itself.

Back