Running low on fuel

Dome temps are good. But meat temps at 115 or so seem off. Ditch the pan so they get hit from under with heat too.

Just rechecked my Temps on meat. Reading 153 on the left and 144 on the right. Maybe just got a bad temp reading before. Dome temp 242

Couldn't see the hinge at first look. Several other good options listed but regardless, you're gonna have to pull the grate to remove the water pan.

And put some shoes on! At least flip flops! I burned a hole the size of a US Quarter in the bottom of my foot stepping on a hot coal while tending a kettle barefoot once. (alcohol may have been involved...)

Those meat temps are better, but still far from where they should be for 6 hours in. They need heat. Yes, put shoes on! Lol. Remove pan, and put some coal on other end. Put the lid vent over the meat. Remove ash too. Don't worry about snake method. Just bank some coals on opposite end.

Have acquired shoes. Have about 10 coals in the chimney now firing up. About to remove the meat and water pan when they are ready to go

Snake method will move heat around the meat as it burns. Banking on one side keeps heat source constant. You can then move and rotate the meat to get heat on the different sides if that makes sense. Just my .02.

Bob

Yeah I just banked a pile of 60 or so coals on one side and added the ones from the chimney. Temps inside the grill are on the rise. Got some nice smoke billowing out. Think this one might be saved! Thanks for all the tips and advice. Will give an update when it's done

Just monitor meat temps more often now. You should be good. Update with some pics!

Bob

Back