Kamado Joe -- Flexible Cooking Rack -- Big Joe

Freddy j

is one Smokin' Farker
Last Saturday i came home to a very pleasant surprise:

1436F0BE-2C11-48E1-834E-618FF6A9D4C5.jpg

My Classic came with the Flexible Cooking Rack, but i purchased by Big Joe a year before they came out. Upon opening the boxes, i was pleasantly surprised at how Robust and Heavy Duty the rack and grates are. They are heavy gauge stainless-steel and feel very well constructed.

52F956AE-24C1-4B90-9CC8-9A8C293C8481.jpg

So i fired up the coals and installed the frame and the X-Rack (accessory rack):

60FFF6D7-F3BC-4C7B-AB18-4741002B3BA5.jpg

then put my heat deflectors onto the X-Rack. I've been a big fan of using the heat deflector on the X-rack after seeing John Setzler do this in one of his videos on the Kamado Joe Cooking channel (youtube). it allows the grill to heat up faster.

FF6AC44C-6F1B-4444-8C4F-0F649D1EF1BE.jpg

then added the new 1/2 moon cooking grates

0BE8E90F-5CE3-4B27-A862-C600CFE26D75.jpg

and my new 20" Kamado Joe Big Joe Pizza Stone & a pie for the kids.

15C65D69-773A-42FC-A68B-89B86D84C006.jpg

i love the flexibility of the Flexible Cooking Rack, can't wait to put it to more and more use on the Big Joe…….stay tuned for more cooks. thank you for looking.

Now that is a package worth walking uphill in the snow barefoot for. Both ways.:grin:

Congrats. The divide and conquer system is awesome.

hey Luis, long time how've you been? still got the joe's?

Been alright man, not smoking as much as I'd like, but still use my joes occasionally. I have all 3 at the moment. I'll probably be selling the Big Joe to make room for a reverse flow offset. Still working out the details with the builders. I miss offset smoking. :crazy:

Freddy, we need to get you to make your own dough there is so much more flavor you can add with the Magic of yeast.

Do you have an extender rack yet? Raise that up in the dome for extra browning.

Freddy, we need to get you to make your own dough there is so much more flavor you can add with the Magic of yeast.

Thanks Ben, not yet

D&C rack is really versatile.

Man.....you've got me really wanting to get into experimenting more with making my own dough.

I don't need the calories and can't be trusted around bread right now :rofl:

The extender suggestion really has helped me. I tend to overload my pies with toppings and the getting it closer to the hot dome really helps them get more even cooking.

D&C rack is really versatile.

Man.....you've got me really wanting to get into experimenting more with making my own dough.

I don't need the calories and can't be trusted around bread right now :rofl:

The extender suggestion really has helped me. I tend to overload my pies with toppings and the getting it closer to the hot dome really helps them get more even cooking.

Dub,
I can give you step by step help with your own doughs. I have done this with other people. there is nothing like the flavor of properly made bread and pizza dough. you will never go back to the store bought cardboard. :0 :)

Dang that pie looks GOOD!

Funny, I recently acquired much of the same gear you just did.

I've said it before, but cooking on my Kamado Joe is such a blast!!! And the results... darn near impossible to beat!! There's definitely something special about ceramic cookers :)

thanks guys, the flex cooking rack is really helpful when grilling meat and veg, you can set up direct closer to the coals on one side and indirect higher up on the other with a 1/2 heat deflector in place. its awesome!

Back