Does anyone know who makes this grill?

Thanks everyone for comments. I would like to have it restored. Thanks Rexbbq for the photo link. I asked my mother-in-law, if that was her in the photo. She is still laughing. Hogfan, I'm sorry, but the grill will stay in SE Arkansas. There are Razorback fans that live in that part of the state. I will tell you that they are not happy about the LSU game being moved to Fayetteville, but that is for another website and forum. Any suggestions on restoration will be appreciated.

Glad it's in AR.......but it pains me to see the owner wearing an LSU shirt <smile>.

Good luck with the restoration. Will powder coat take the heat?

It's a farking Arkansas Razorback. It may cook good food, but I still wouldn't have it. :tsk:

CD :becky:
Caseydog,

I'm guessing by your comments that you must be an SMU fan. LOL:clap:

But it is a cool grill that I would be proud to add to my arsenal.

Don't know who makes it, but here is a photo from 73 with it in it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Press-...oto_Images&hash=item3cc5b308f3#ht_3212wt_1014

If you read the note on the back of the photo it says the pic was taken in the booth of Portable Kitchens from Jacksonville, AR. Also says gas or electric. Never knew PK made anything gas or electric.:twitch:

The history of Portable Kitchens and Jacksonville Mfg. are entertwined. Jacksonville Mfg made Club aluminum products and later Kitchen Fair aluminum products; both being heavy cast aluminum pots and pans that were teflon lined. I always suspected that PK used Jacksonville Mfg's casting lines to make their grills.

I thought I remembered seeing one of these grills in a history of Jacksonville story from back when I worked in Jacksonville and recently confirmed this with an ole buddy who worked for Jacksonville Mfg. He remember seeing one of these in a pic there.

Thanks for the info. If anyone knows a person, who worked for PK or Jacksonville Manufacturing back then, send me a PM. I'm looking for some parts for this pit they may have stored away in their garage.

i found this grill buried in vines and shrubs at my mother-in-law's home in se arkansas. I washed it down, fashioned a cooking grid, and threw on some burgers. She and my wife said they were great!! Any idea who made this grill? Parts? Thanks. View attachment 65500
NICE!!!.............GO RAZORBACKS!!!!!!!!!!

You should probally burn your LSU gear on it before next use though,lol

1MoreFord,

That is interesting background information. Maks me wonder if the casting die is still laying around somewhere and if they are still useable.

Back