Wild fork brisket

halfcocked

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Curious if anyone tried their prime whole brisket. I think its black angus at $3.68 per lb. here. Frozen in cryo. If so, what's the opinion.

That’s where I get mine! Got one in the fridge now for this weekend. Half the price of some choice ones on my area. They usually have a few on hand so you can sift through them. I wouldn’t pick one up blind but I’m on my third one from there and all have looked great.

If that price is good for a prime brisket in your area I say go for it. Costco prime briskets in KC have been generally in that neighborhood and the supplier/brand has varied. Got a CAB prime brisket a couple months back I was especially pleased with.

My consistently favorite brand has been the Black Canyon brand choice angus from Sam’s, I’ll take those over any other brand or grade typically found at Costco or Sam’s in my area. Sam’s doesn’t always have the Black Canyon in the cooler but when they do I usually grab one. :thumb:

I’m so jealous of you guys not a lot of sources for brisket down here in south Florida. You occasionally find flats but they are $6-7/lb and if I find a choice packer they aren’t much different. My first couple of briskets were choice packers and they were like $80-90!! Now that I’ve found wild fork that’s my go to. Costco which I frequent A LOT does not carry in my area nor do a lot of butchers and those that do have crazy prices....

I’m so jealous of you guys not a lot of sources for brisket down here in south Florida. You occasionally find flats but they are $6-7/lb and if I find a choice packer they aren’t much different. My first couple of briskets were choice packers and they were like $80-90!! Now that I’ve found wild fork that’s my go to. Costco which I frequent A LOT does not carry in my area nor do a lot of butchers and those that do have crazy prices....

your just not looking at the right places. you should be able to find packers under $4/lbs. going rate currently is under $3.

are you in a rural area?

your just not looking at the right places. you should be able to find packers under $4/lbs. going rate currently is under $3.

are you in a rural area?
No, he's in the deep south and the Everglades.:wink: But yes, I'm in Miami and have Sams and Wild Fork so I think it is available to Everglades dwellers as well.

Stopped there today George, beef and lamb shanks and some oxtail. I hate to say it but I can't do a brisket for the life of me.

No, he's in the deep south and the Everglades.:wink: But yes, I'm in Miami and have Sams and Wild Fork so I think it is available to Everglades dwellers as well.
I’m in South Florida. I don’t belong to Sam’s but for sure Costco in my area doesn’t have packers, only choice flats once and a while and last they had them was like $6/lb.

Here’s the Wild Fork prime I’m cooking tomorrow trimmed and ready to be prepped in the AM....

045LYwuh.jpg

I’m in South Florida. I don’t belong to Sam’s but for sure Costco in my area doesn’t have packers, only choice flats once and a while and last they had them was like $6/lb.
Yep. Costco does not have full packers or even Prime flats, or bone in butts. That's why I joined Sam's recently. But Wild Fork on Kendall and 157? has them also (the brisket, not the bone in butt) and next time I'll try that instead of driving to Sam's for brisket.

Looks nice but did you cut out the hard fat between the flat and point?

I cut a lot of it out like 80% I would guess. There’s a gap now between the flat and point may have to tie that before hanging otherwise it’s floppy!

I cut a lot of it out like 80% I would guess. There’s a gap now between the flat and point may have to tie that before hanging otherwise it’s floppy!
I 'spose it depends on which end you hang it from.:wink:

Back