I Smell Smoke Competition Class 4/14/07

YankeeBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I Smell Smoke will be teaching an advanced competition bbq class on April 14th, 2007 at the American Legion post 77 in Ashland, MA. This is the real deal folks. We will show you how we prepare Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket for KCBS competitions. The class is intended for people with at least some competition experience. Class size will be limited so sign up early. The application can be downloaded from www.ismellsmoke.com

Steve, what time do you plan to start and what time do you expect to end? I need to look at flights in and out of Logan to determine if I can make this work.

Jorge said:
Steve, what time do you plan to start and what time do you expect to end? I need to look at flights in and out of Logan to determine if I can make this work.

8:00 am to 4:00 or 5:00pm It's a one day thing. Demo style. Lunch will be served probably ribs and chicken with some sides and there will be sampling of brisket and Pork at the end of the class.

YankeeBBQ said:
I Smell Smoke will be teaching an advanced competition bbq class on April 14th, 2007 at the American Legion post 77 in Ashland, MA. This is the real deal folks. We will show you how we prepare Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket for KCBS competitions. The class is intended for people with at least some competition experience. Class size will be limited so sign up early. The application can be downloaded from www.ismellsmoke.com

Sounds great. Hope to attend.

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

YankeeBBQ said:

Hey!
You stole my disclaimer!

Just email me the chicken recipe and we'll call it even. I'd attend the class but I'm booked that weekend so it only seems fair.

drbbq said:
Just email me the chicken recipe and we'll call it even. I'd attend the class but I'm booked that weekend so it only seems fair.

That sauce advice I gave you ought to count for something. I'll consider us even. thanks

Jorge said:

Survey says ?

YankeeBBQ said:
Survey says ?

Survey says that Jorge is up to his ass in alligators:eek: I'll know one way or the other this afternoon.

Jorge said:
Survey says that Jorge is up to his ass in alligators:eek: I'll know one way or the other this afternoon.

Alligators eh ? Man good luck with that :eusa_clap

I'm in. I finally have everything worked out and travel booked. Check for the class goes in the mail tomorrow since the mailman has already been here today.

The success that Steve and I Smell Smoke have had speaks for itself. Their success last year wasn't a fluke, and the 4th Overall at the Royal wasn't either. This is a bargain.

I am attending the good doctors class 2 weeks before this then helpiong some turtles the following weekend in salisbury, this might be hard to swing, how far is that from New Yawk?

Steve, its about 2 1/2 Hours from New Rochelle, which is 45 minutes from you on Long Island, I am thinking of going, if I go, youcould catch a ride with me....

Sledneck said:
Does the cost include the meat?

hey sled.. this is a demo class. Steve is doing the cooking. Its not hands on for us.. no meat and no cookers needed.

Its a 4 hour drive... so instead of leaving at 3AM, Jorge is coming in friday night, and we are taking the ferry from port jeff, finding a hotel nearby and driving back saturday after the class. You are welcome to drive up with us.

hotel info Steve sent me

Motel 6
1668 Worcester Road
Framingham MA
508-620-0500
Rate $50.39

Econo Lodge
1186 Worcester Rd
Framingham, ma
508-879-1510
Rate $79.99
BBQchef33 said:
Its a 4 hour drive... so instead of leaving at 3AM, Jorge is coming in friday night, and we are taking the ferry from port jeff, finding a hotel nearby and driving back saturday after the class. You are welcome to drive up with us.

It would be very cool if we could catch a ride with one of you guys; we are right off 95 in norwalk but obviously we could cook up elsewhere ie Bridgeport. thanks
nancee

BBQchef33 said:
hey sled.. this is a demo class. Steve is doing the cooking. Its not hands on for us.. no meat and no cookers needed.

OK but you guys share a bed , i need oine for my self:eek:

nancee said:
Motel 6
1668 Worcester Road
Framingham MA
508-620-0500
Rate $50.39

Econo Lodge
1186 Worcester Rd
Framingham, ma
508-879-1510
Rate $79.99

It would be very cool if we could catch a ride with one of you guys; we are right off 95 in norwalk but obviously we could cook up elsewhere ie Bridgeport. thanks
nancee

There are other pricier options in the area as well but I knew Nancee was looking for something reasonable. There are a ton of hotels within a ten mile radius close to major highways..

Steve

Sledneck said:
I am attending the good doctors class 2 weeks before this then helpiong some turtles the following weekend in salisbury, this might be hard to swing, how far is that from New Yawk?

Like Poobah said it's demo style. The class runs from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Lunch will be served. You will get to try all our entries and we'll bring some extra meat if somebody wants to try something that we show.

Steve

Back