MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-12-2007, 03:32 AM   #1
SmokeInDaEye
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default See ya in Memphis?

Just a quick roll call for any Brethren who might be cooking or hanging out in Memphis next weekend. I'm hoping to connect with Chris from iQue, as well as Sully, Lunchlady and whoever else from Lunchmeat will be down there.

I'm lending a hand in the pork shoulder category but hope to spend a good deal of time just seeing old friends and making some new ones. See ya next Thursday?
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis
SmokeInDaEye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2007, 07:42 AM   #2
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeInDaEye View Post
Just a quick roll call for any Brethren who might be cooking or hanging out in Memphis next weekend. I'm hoping to connect with Chris from iQue, as well as Sully, Lunchlady and whoever else from Lunchmeat will be down there.

I'm lending a hand in the pork shoulder category but hope to spend a good deal of time just seeing old friends and making some new ones. See ya next Thursday?
I'll be there with Jacks Down Home BBQ. I'm doing the peoples choice shoulders and brisket I think.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2007, 07:47 AM   #3
GridironGriller
Full Fledged Farker

I'll be with Smoker's Anonymous Thursday and Friday. Work won't let me get down there for the entire week. I believe that we are doing the 'Anything But' Seafood category for them.
GridironGriller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2007, 11:01 AM   #4
ique
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:

Yep, looking forward to it. Gus's Thursday night?

We'll be cooking in the Cattlemens VIP tent and doing to the seafood entry for the Bastey Boys.
ique is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2007, 11:06 AM   #5
SmokeInDaEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ique View Post
Yep, looking forward to it. Gus's Thursday night?

We'll be cooking in the Cattlemens VIP tent and doing to the seafood entry for the Bastey Boys.
Gus's it is. I'll let them know we'll be coming by!

Heads up folks, not sure what the weather forcast is for next weekend but I know it rained a ton last weekend for the concert series so the grass is going to be pretty messy. Wouldn't be MIM without shoes full of mud, though.
Gen II Komodo Kamado, Pit Barrel Cooker, 3x 18.5" WSMs, 22.5" WSM, modified 18.5" Weber Kettle, 22.5" Weber Kettle circa 1960ish, Weber One Touch Platinum, copper Weber Smokey Joe, La Caja China, Bubba Keg, Bodom Picnic Grill, Weber Genesis

Old 05-12-2007, 04:58 PM   #6
barfly
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:

flying in thurs. afternoon, staying somewhere right on beal...i'll be there with my brother and cousin, (wills brother, sadly will cant make thet trip but will be there in spirit).....looking forward to alot of bbq, alot of drinking and a tour of the gibson guitar factory!!! shoot me a pm with cells and whatnot and i'll do the same.
22 in. weber kettle
Large BGE
barfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #7
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by barfly View Post
flying in thurs. afternoon, staying somewhere right on beal...i'll be there with my brother and cousin, (wills brother, sadly will cant make thet trip but will be there in spirit).....looking forward to alot of bbq, alot of drinking and a tour of the gibson guitar factory!!! shoot me a pm with cells and whatnot and i'll do the same.
Does Jack know about this?

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #8
barfly
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
Does Jack know about this?
not yet he doesnt...<snort>....i was thinking of bringing some burbon rub and telling jack will sends his love...
22 in. weber kettle
Large BGE
barfly is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2007, 09:01 PM   #9
stan
is one Smokin' Farker

I may be flying in Thursday to visit the wife's family outside of Memphis. Maybe a good excuse to look some brothers up that I would not normally see but also to get away from the wife's family.
County Line Smokers Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Member - CBJ #20654
Pitmaker BBQ Vault mounted in a 12 Foot Competition Trailer
22 1/2 Weber Kettle, Stainless Steel gaser
chunks of wild cherry, pecan, oak
stan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2007, 01:54 PM   #10
SmokeInDaEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan View Post
I may be flying in Thursday to visit the wife's family outside of Memphis. Maybe a good excuse to look some brothers up that I would not normally see but also to get away from the wife's family.
What better excuse do you need?

Amazingly, the weather forecast says it'll be sunny and 80 degrees Thursday through Sunday. There's still some mud down at Tom Lee Park but should be the nicest weather they've had in forever.

Old 05-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #11
GridironGriller
Full Fledged Farker

Thumbs up

Quote:
What better excuse do you need?

Amazingly, the weather forecast says it'll be sunny and 80 degrees Thursday through Sunday. There's still some mud down at Tom Lee Park but should be the nicest weather they've had in forever.
We're getting a pretty big rain right now in Memphis. It'll be dry by the time the party starts big on Thursday. And the weather does look great! Better than any I've experienced on the river!
GridironGriller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2007, 09:48 AM   #12
SmokeInDaEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by YankeeBBQ View Post
I'll be there with Jacks Down Home BBQ. I'm doing the peoples choice shoulders and brisket I think.
Brisket in pork country? See you down there, Steve, and everyone. Heading down first thing tomorrow.

Old 05-16-2007, 09:53 AM   #13
YankeeBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Brisket in pork country? See you down there, Steve, and everyone. Heading down first thing tomorrow.
Well there is a beef category.

This post is my opinion and mine alone, not necessarily that of the KCBS, it's board of directors or office nor that of Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and certainly not Rush Limbaugh.
YankeeBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-20-2007, 08:59 AM   #14
SmokeInDaEye

Great weekend down here in Memphis.

I ended up helping Steve (YankeeBBQ) and Jack McDavid compete, but also got to spend a lot of time with a ton of other great folks! More to come later with pix but heres the results:

GC: JAcks Old South

Whole Hog: Jacks old south 1st, right on Q (2nd), Curly Tail smokers (3rd)...JACKS DOWN HOME BBQ in 8th (me and the boys)

Shoulder: Viking Cooking team, Sweet swie o' mine (2nd), porkscription cooking team (3rd)

ribs: pig pounda kappa, T-tail grillers (2nd), oinking on the river (3rd)

Peoples choice: Rribs ticklers, buckeye bbq (2nd, sharp smokers (3rd)

Patio porkers: 1st place Barefoot in the Pork

Old 05-20-2007, 09:07 AM   #15
Solidkick
somebody shut me the fark up.

WTG! Nice job!

------------------------------------------------
Belly Brothers BBQ Team

"Sister Flame" Spicewine Trailer Smoker,Modified Bandera, Uni-Flame Chicken Cooker with a Spicewine Thermometer mod,Kingsford Barrel cooker and a super fast RED thermapen

KC always said "fat cap up!!
Solidkick is offline   Reply With Quote