apple smoked almonds

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

i made patiodaddio's sweet-n-sassy bbq almonds, but i smoked them with apple chips.

nuts-001.jpg

then tried something different by adding calvados at the end of one batch.

nuts-011.jpg

nuts-012.jpg

the calvados batch was a little sticky so i dusted with powdered sugar

nutsII-001.jpg

sweet, smoke, then a lingering heat has people coming back for more. very addictive. :biggrin:

Nice nuts Rick! :icon_blush::twisted::cool::p:biggrin:

Little known fact:
During the Battle of the Bulge in WWII, when General McAuliffe responded "NUTS!" to the German demand to surrender, he was actually just requesting some of RTD's kick butt Almonds. Fortunately, it worked out and the allied troops persevered :) **

Great job, Rick! Did you hit them with the "sauce" just as they came off or did you put them back in for a few minutes?

**not implying RTD or the Big Green Egg was around in WWII, I was just watching Band of Brothers earlier and made a mental connection.
:biggrin:

Rick, I can't talk to you when you're like this...I simply must bow to your smokiness

Those are some fantastic looking nuts you smoked up there...why am I not surprised? :rolleyes:

Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Way to take a recipe and make it your own, Rick. Oh, and very nice shots as well.

John

P.S. That first shot is exactly how mine look after the first two phases of the cook.

Back