Get in where you fit in- Punjabi BBQ!

Dr_KY

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Did an event at one of the oldest pubs around and supported the night with a menu that fit the customers that evening.

Catering is all about being flexable for us so we had to drop the logo, no big deal.

INTRODUCING...

350448n.jpg

The pub...

311q5q1.jpg

The Menu...

2803wjr.jpg

very cool. i'm thinking about smoked (americanized version)haggis for our scots highland festivals & renaissance fairs.
what do you prices translate to in usd? just curious.

Thanks BSS I'm doing my best to get this thing working to our advantage. Some of the events are a little slow and not use to food of our quality. Funny thing yesterday see my partner is from Frisco by way of India so he chose tandoori chicken on the bone old school. Now 90% of the people were of Indias decent yet the first ten people asked for hot dogs and burgers!!!lol When the first guy came up for chicken he EXPECTED it not to be on the bone and turned his nose up . We made the call and shreaded the chicken the rest of the evening.

Get flexable and stay bent we say! :cool:

Blues-

Live rates at 2009.08.09 17:17:54 UTC
3.99 GBP

=

6.65751 USD

United Kingdom Pounds United States Dollars 1 GBP = 1.66855 USD 1 USD = 0.599323 GBP​

In the last few months I've started cooking Indian food at home and my wife an I really like it. Do you have any tips for a beginner cooking the meat on the grill?

Nice Al, I like the flexibility.

In the last few months I've started cooking Indian food at home and my wife an I really like it. Do you have any tips for a beginner cooking the meat on the grill?

As of yet there is no difference as it's all in the seasoning and prep. Plenty of high heat very little smoke.

2efozup.jpg

5xpsnr.jpg

Last edited:
It's fake meat.lol We needed to do a veggie option along with not producing any pork products. Muslim and all that jazz.

All the meat products were also Halal.

meaning, as well.

[edit] Halal

Islam has laws regarding which foods can and cannot be eaten and also on the proper method of slaughtering an animal for consumption, known as dhabiĥa.

[edit] Explicitly forbidden substances

A variety of substances are considered as harmful (haraam) for humans to consume and, therefore, forbidden as per various Quranic verses:
  • Pork meat (i.e. flesh of pig)[Qur'an 2:173]. Pork may be eaten in any instance wherein it will save your life and there is no other sustenance.
  • Blood[Qur'an 2:173]. Blood may be consumed in any instance wherein it will save your life and there is no other sustenance.
  • All carnivores and birds of prey. Such animals may be eaten in any instance wherein it will save your life and there is no other sustenance.
  • Animals slaughtered in the name of anyone but Allah. All that has been dedicated or offered in sacrifice to an idolatrous altar or saint or a person considered to be "divine"[Qur'an 2:173] [Qur'an 5:3].
  • Carrion[Qur'an 2:173].
  • An animal that has been strangled, beaten (to death), killed by a fall, gored (to death), savaged by a beast of prey (except that which you may have slaughtered while it was still alive)[Qur'an 5:3].
  • The fish must die out of water and because of natural suffocation in the free air, on the ground or on the deck of the fishing boat. Otherwise, it's not halal.
  • Food over which Allah's name is not pronounced[Qur'an 6:121].

That tandoori chicken looks great.

Please explain the scoring of the chicken method. I do that for grilled or fried whole snapper but have never seen it done on chicken LQ. Purspose is typically more surface area for flavor and quicker cooking.

Please explain the scoring of the chicken method. I do that for grilled or fried whole snapper but have never seen it done on chicken LQ. Purspose is typically more surface area for flavor and quicker cooking.

Nice to see you here...

Please explain the scoring of the chicken method. . Purspose is typically more surface area for flavor and quicker cooking.

That's exactly why it's done a tandoori cooks very hot so I ramped the temps up on the cooker just the same. The chicken is also skinless.

Normally I would have marinated th chicken longer and with the slits already in but because we were vending for a pub and people would be eating with their hands I used less red dye plus the temp of the chicken was getting to a point where I wasn't happy so it only had a quick bath then straight into the fridge. The final seasoning was shaken on as it was cooking.

Good to see you adapting like that!
Were they serving Grolsch over there?:wink:

LOL Yes but I was stuck on the Stoeford Press cider. :)

Hgehgehge!
Never heard of but hope it tasted well!
Last weekend I was at a South African restaurant (again) and drank some Savannah dry cider (from SA),was my first time I drunk cider.
Must admit,tasted pretty damned good under the hot sun with a BBQ sitting next to you!
Question did you use different kind of Indian spices at the cook?
And which ones?

Back