Duraflame quick start Charcoal

O

offa1a

My sister got me two bags of this stuff at a BBQ competition she checked out in N Wildood NJ.(they were giving it away at a promotion) You put the 3 lb bag in the gril or firebox, light the bag and wait for em to get ashy. It says not to add it to an already lit fire. It seems like a quick start briquet. They had coupons for regular briquets and harwood coal as well

Has anyone tried this chit and should I use it to actually cook food or just strart a fire in my little patio fireplace. Hah! Seems like there are some pretty picky coal choices I have seen around here. Wondering what the BBQ gurus thought.

The only thing I can tell about this stuff is that it is pre-marinated in lighter fluid. Go from there.

Get rid of the matchlight. It will work just fine for starting the patio fire place.

I'll use it to start my duraflame logs this winter. What's with the warnings all over it warning against lighting it or using it inside. Man I wanted to use it to cook on my stove

I am with the rest of the guys only in the patio fire pit, never the grill or smoker. sorry dude no short cuts here.

I wish they had some of the DuraFlame stuff down here in Florida. I'd love to try it. I've heard that it's fairly close to what the Old K was. Maybe even a little hotter.

Back