Pulled the trigger on brick & mortor today

Jeff Therrell

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Not wanting to spend another hot summer on the trailer everyday, we leased a small restaurant today. It is just remodeled and rewired and painted and it is only 1/2 mile from where we have had the trailer set up for a year and a half. Did I say it is AIRCONDITIONED. It's small only 8 tables with picnic tables outside and a nice size yard and a big parking lot. It also has all brand new equipment( which I had to buy from the last renter).

Best of luck to you. Post some pics and more info. Hickory, NC is just a road trip for me and I would love to come down and support a fellow brethren.

congrats! Hope you've talked to the local HD and fire marshall. I don't know NC, but in NY, if you're cooking for a restaurant, it needs to be cooked inside that restaurant. Hope all goes well! we just opened up on long island, ny. It's a wild ride.

Cool, keep us posted on all the small details. I may be in your shoes in the next 3-5 years.

congrats! Hope you've talked to the local HD and fire marshall. I don't know NC, but in NY, if you're cooking for a restaurant, it needs to be cooked inside that restaurant. Hope all goes well! we just opened up on long island, ny. It's a wild ride.

In NC the smoker has to be inside a building, it can be outside the restaurant. It also has to have a hand wash sink in it. We are going to get an old hickory smoker and put a metal shed building around it, there is already a concrete pad with a drain in it.
Thanks for all the well wishes
Jeff Therrell
Sweetfire BBQ and Cajun Café.

Good choice of pits. I was in Illinois and Missouri looking at them last week. Good luck!

Back