Leg'o'Lamb pic-rosemary,garlic and lemon

buccaneer

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Lambroastleg.jpg

Nah... you see it works the other way. I need to see more. I just don't chuck these things out on one pic and no process...:heh: I mean... if it turned out you did that in your oven, and I gave you an ALF and then you showed me it was done in an oven... I'd look like a right arse!:icon_blush:

Cheers Bro!

Bill

Fair enough.
Why on earth would I do it in an oven?:crazy:
That's just funny.
Anyway, I don't take it seriously, not an issue.
Used the classic combo of fresh lemon juice, fresh rosemary, fresh crushed and pounded garlic, anchovy paste, EVOO jingli inserted garlic slivers and rosemary into slits and roasted in the BSK.
When I get the camera back I'll picture the whole process on the next one I do.
The reward is the eating IMO.
Bucc

Fair enough.
Why on earth would I do it in an oven?:crazy:
That's just funny.
Anyway, I don't take it seriously, not an issue.
Used the classic combo of fresh lemon juice, fresh rosemary, fresh crushed and pounded garlic, anchovy paste, EVOO jingli inserted garlic slivers and rosemary into slits and roasted in the BSK.
When I get the camera back I'll picture the whole process on the next one I do.
The reward is the eating IMO.
Bucc

That's all I needed to know Buccs! A BSK would do an awesome job! Post some more pics when you can!

Until then, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! On your 1st ALF Award!!

ALFTickofApproval.gif

I think that's the first time I've given an ALF to another Aussie!:thumb:

Cheers!

Bill

I'd still like a little more info. Sorry, kinda new. What's a BSK? And what grill temp did you cook? What temp did you pull. I tied a leg of lamb once and it was horrible. I think it was freezer burned. Deboned it, marinated overnight, and it was barely edible.

I'd still like a little more info. Sorry, kinda new. What's a BSK? And what grill temp did you cook? What temp did you pull. I tied a leg of lamb once and it was horrible. I think it was freezer burned. Deboned it, marinated overnight, and it was barely edible.
1)This is a BSK /Big Steel Keg
BSK.jpg

And what grill temp did you cook?
I didn't grill it, I roasted it. I usually don't cook with thermometers,
I'm old school.
However, I can tell you I did this one at 175C and let the temps fall if this helps.
What temp did you pull.
I got it out of the oven when I prodded it and it felt done.:cool:
This isn't a "pull" meal, I carved it and plated it with peas, steamed potatoes,roasted parsnip and roasted onions and Jus from the freezer!
I tied a leg of lamb once and it was horrible. I think it was freezer burned. Deboned it, marinated overnight, and it was barely edible.
Next time don't tie it.
JK.
Keep at it, lamb is one of my favourite meats, it freezes well too.Maybe just need to work at it a little more, and don't treat it like beef or pork if it is a big cut.
Has it's own characteristics.
Have you eaten it from restaurants?

Oh my goodness! Bucc, that looks amazing. You know I looooove lamb. And you made that on a BSK... ok, so I've got to get crackin' then. Santa came early here. He brought me a Bubba, he showed me his Brethren tattoo, and he left. How am I ever gonna repay the Brethren for how good you've all been to me? Gotta get crackin'... that's the only way I know. Love it, Bucc. You do good work. Congrats on the Alf award, brother. :wink:

Ding, Dang, Dong that looks really edible! Very nicely done and I can't wait to buy one at a reasonable price....

Back