Butternut

Mo-Dave

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Anyone ever grill a Butternut Squash if so how did it turn out and more importantly how did you do it.

Thinking about putting one on the gasser in a little while, I have rib tips smoking on the uds and will probably fix up a garden fresh tomato, basil and mozzarella salad to go with. Trying to keep the house cooler by cooking outdoors.
Dave

I like them sliced, soaked in Italian dressing and grilled for a few on each side.

Also grilled with some brown sugar, cinnamon, butter and maybe even a little maple syrup is very nice.

Butternut up date. Like I said I went with the Italian dressing but kicked it up a bit with some kosher salt, cracked pepper and a little parmigiana cheese. After it was toothpick tender I took it off the grill put a bit more parmigiana cheese on it and drizzled melted butter on it. Everyone thought I had lost my mind but as it turned out it was very good and they loved it, thanks Cliff.
Dave

I'm glad you asked this question because I was thinking about asking it myself. I need to add some grilled veggies to my meals and I hate asparagus, which seems to be a staple based on the photos I see around here :) I'm gonna try the italian dressing on the squash with the salt/pepper/cheese... sounds tasty!

Everyone here was surprised. I used creamy Italian only because that is what I had on hand so don't know if the other would be as good or not. I have been doing my best to change things up around here and using a lot of different things I don't normally have and so far it has been a welcome change.

Just for instance I bought some Mole sauce and I don't have a clue what to do with it but I put some in a blender added lemon, cilantro, cantaloup, spiced rum, lime juice, salt and pepper. Then I thinned it out with some coke and basted the rib tips several times about the last half hour, again very tasty but not over powered at all. New things, got to love it.
Dave

Back