turkey boob and butternut

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

i don't know, thirdeye, i can't imagine this any juicier. no brine, free range bird smoked with cherry chips. maybe it's the type of turkey?

turkeyboobbutternut-007.jpg

turkeyboobbutternut-015.jpg

turkeyboobbutternut-021.jpg

turkeyboobbutternut-027.jpg

turkeyboobbutternut-028.jpg

turkeyboobbutternut-033.jpg

turkeyboobbutternut-034.jpg

:biggrin:

MMMM Wow that bird looks awesome. The Butternut too. I have some Butternuts that I need to cook. Think I'll use the smoker. Butternut's
make the best "pumpkin" pie!

Looking good Rick, what the heck is a Butternut? :-?

I been wondering about slicing the turkey that way, I have always been traditional and cut length wise, is there any difference . Seems like it would be like a cut of beef cutting across the grain.

That bird look great and juicy and the butternut squash and asparagus was a fine accompaniment. Very creative as always, Rick.

The food looks great as usual, but I do have a question about the photography.

Do you do weddings or parties??

I think you could make my farked up wings I cooked this weekend look good.

Once again Rick it all looks yummy!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap
The cooked aspargus looks like it may have been arranged in a way that could be mistaken as pron!:shock:

Looking good Rick, what the heck is a Butternut? :-?

I been wondering about slicing the turkey that way, I have always been traditional and cut length wise, is there any difference . Seems like it would be like a cut of beef cutting across the grain.

butternut is the best squash in the world! it takes the smoke well and really benefits from being cooked in the smoker.

for me, that is the best way to cut turkey breast. there is just something about holding that mass of turkey meat in your hand. try it!

i don't know, thirdeye, i can't imagine this any juicier. no brine, free range bird smoked with cherry chips. maybe it's the type of turkey?

turkeyboobbutternut-028.jpg

:biggrin:

Well, it sure looks good and juicy from here. But I guess you'll never really know how you feel about intracellular moisture & flavor until you give brining a try. Hint Hint.....

Man what kind of lighting are you using to get such magnificent pics?

Nice! I've not done a boob yet...what temp (dome) do you shoot for?

Looks great Rick!....I love butternut squash, but never tried on the smoker, always roasted....that'll change soon!....I always carve turkey that way, cut the breasts off the big bird and slice 'em up....

I think you could make an old log look appetizing!:wink:
Great job, as usual...

Man what kind of lighting are you using to get such magnificent pics?

nothing special really...
went from natural sunlight on 1, to a spotlight on the building and a clamp on halogen light on the easy-up for 2 & 3, to the speedflash bounced off the ceiling in the kitchen on the rest. some of those needed a color correction in photoshop

Nice! I've not done a boob yet...what temp (dome) do you shoot for?

280 dome to 327 at the end. i was planning on three hours, but it went 5! :shock:

Back