• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Double barrel smoker...

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
... nearing completion.

First off.. no pics... its too fugly to even post. My avator will have to do for the moment. Both barrels have been modified with stovepipe flanges and lifting doors with hinges bolted.

Did a trial burn (k charcoal) on the lower firepit barrel with stovepipes over the twin dampers to experiment on actual cumbustion and air volume requirements. The 2" pipe will not be enough by itself. Noted when shutting down one damper... the shut down stack will reverse and become an unexpected air intake... will need to add a 7" butterfly on opposite side for supplemental air intake. Between the two intakes... bingo. The temp and smoke rising out of the stacks were less than "2 seconds to ouch" hot.

Will be adding the connecting pipes today... hopefully for an baptism by fatty on Wednesday.... with a porkloin on Saturday.

If there are demands for pics... you have been warned in advance... too farkin' ugly... hide the women and children.

... nearing completion.

First off.. no pics... its too fugly to even post. My avator will have to do for the moment. Both barrels have been modified with stovepipe flanges and lifting doors with hinges bolted.

Did a trial burn (k charcoal) on the lower firepit barrel with stovepipes over the twin dampers to experiment on actual cumbustion and air volume requirements. The 2" pipe will not be enough by itself. Noted when shutting down one damper... the shut down stack will reverse and become an unexpected air intake... will need to add a 7" butterfly on opposite side for supplemental air intake. Between the two intakes... bingo. The temp and smoke rising out of the stacks were less than "2 seconds to ouch" hot.

Will be adding the connecting pipes today... hopefully for an baptism by fatty on Wednesday.... with a porkloin on Saturday.

If there are demands for pics... you have been warned in advance... too farkin' ugly... hide the women and children.

If it is that ugly...put it in the Fark Thread....but post pics somewhere. Gotta see it now but I'll hide the kids and animals.

You've been a Brethren member since February and you don't know IF there is a demand for pictures.

Please go to "Cattle Call" and introduce yourself again, because we don't know you anymore.

Get some pictures...

I've had pictures of myself on here, so your cooker couldn't be any worse than that!

I have been waiting to see this since you started and posted the diagrams...ugly or not, show it off.

worthless_thread_without_pics.gif

Come on Bandit - I'm beginning to think this is the Noch Ness Pit.... now one has ever seen it but there are rumors and stories.... WE NEED PICTURES!!!!!

wow - that was harsh... sorry - long week already....

Ok folks... you asked for it!

1. The base platform... (3) 2 X 8 X 6 foot boards (pressure treated) with casters mounted undernearth.
PICT0386.jpg

2. The lower firepit with the twin dampers exposed.
PICT0387.jpg

PICT0385.jpg

3. The opening of the firepit (using the ceramic grill plates from the rusting gasser). Now you kniow why I kept it until know... cannibalism at its finest. The charcoal box is a temp use (from the BSKD) sized for comparison.
PICT0388.jpg

4. The upper smoke chamber in position.
PICT0390.jpg

PICT0395.jpg

5. An elevated view of the side air intake.
PICT0389.jpg

Things to do yet... Add handles, exhaust, stove gaskets (around doors), bottle opener, and enhanced trimmings TBA.

Last edited:
Back